Best long term international cell plan?

Hello all fellow expats in Mexico!

I have been living Mexico for a little over five years. I work in a technical support field in a company that is based in the US. This necessitates my having a cell phone that can be reached by all customers in the United States.

I currently have the Sprint open-world plan, which actually no longer exists but I'm grandfathered in. The price has been going up incrementally, of course, and so I am shopping around to see if there are any other types of plans and other companies which would allow me to have my U.S. cell phone for my job. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I use Cricket wireless (an AT&T company). My plan is $65 mo. with auto-pay and is unlimited calling in and between US, Mexico and Canada. It includes unlimited data. There are no usage limits in when in Mexico or Canada.

Thank you very much for the reply!. I used to live in Texas and I am familiar with Cricket. My question is, how is your signal? Is it reliable? Do you live in an urban area or do you live in a rural area?

I have a Verizon 3-country account. Allows you to communicate between Mexico, US, Canada. $85. Per month. ~ Cielo

I live between Rosarito and Ensenada in Baja. Since AT&T is now operating in Mexico the signal is good generally pretty good in our area. When roaming I'm often connected through Movistar. I have not been in many places that I've not had a signal.

Consider porting your U.S. number to Google Voice.  You'll only be able to make and receive calls from your computer, but it's only $20 USD to port the number and then free to use.

I came across this blog article. Maybe it will help you.
https://weexpats.com/best-cell-phone-pl … qLZ-eHzYyM