Can I go to england after getting residence permit of Romania

I just got married with my Romanian citizen husband.  And now I have got the residence permit for one year.. but my husband want to go back to UK again because he was working there.. so what do I do if I want to follow him.

Hi Marshallbruce,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that your topic has been moved to the England forum.
For your question, maybe you can also get in touch with your ambassy?

I also advise you to check the formalities section in the Living in England guide.
You may find some tips on where to start searching for some information. :)

Wish you all the best,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

You wii have to apply for a family visa before going to uk. The permit does not help.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There is a scheme where if your residence card says on it "Article 10 residence card", then you can accompany your husband - full details are described on the UK Gov website; this link will take you there.  However, this is an EU scheme and the UK currently leaves the EU on 31 October, so this scheme will no longer be available.

If you have only recently arrived in the EU, it may well be that your card does not display this statement, so you may not travel to the UK without an appropriate UK visa.  The UK is not a signatory to the Schengen agreement, so you may not use your residence card to travel to the UK.

If none of this applies, then it's probably best if you wait until after 31 October to apply.  That's the date that the UK currently leaves the EU (Brexit) and if you're not already in the UK by that date, things will almost certainly change.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team