Reading habits in Egypt

Hello everyone,

Books can be your greatest companions whether you have already settled in Egypt or are now planning your move. Are you an avid or occasional reader? We would like to know more about your reading habits.

What type of reading do you enjoy? Do you read novels, comics, magazines, newspapers, etc.?

Where do you purchase or borrow books in Egypt (bookstores, online, library subscription, etc.)? Do you prefer digital reading?

Do you have an average budget devoted to reading in Egypt? Do you buy books or pay a library membership fee?  Do you spend more or less than in your country of origin?

In what languages can you find the books that you usually read?

What books or magazines would generally be found on your bedside table?

Thanks for participating,

Bhavna

I'm an American living in Cairo and I love reading fictional books in English. I read ebooks as well as paperback books that I've bought at a book store in Khan el Khalili.

Currently I'm reading “The Alexandria Link” by Steve Berry, he has a whole series of books that I'm interested in reading. The next one I have to read written by him is “The Third Secret”.

Hi

It's e-books for me.
I move a lot and it's a hassle packing and moving books.
They're heavy.
E-books can be on mobile devices or tablets.
If I buy hardcover, it'd have to be something worth the money
I find English to be more expensive than in other languages.
No set budget, I may go to the annual book fair that takes place Jan/Feb
or the AUC bookshop.
Very rarely I buy books because once I read, I remember the stories
very well, and unless its a favorite will not read it again.
Its harder to resell, so have to keep in  mind of what I buy and why.
If I can find a cheaper version of it in Amazon or elsewhere with e-book.
If not I wait until the book fair or some discount elsewhere, especially if you have a student ID card no matter how old it is, can get discounts at some places.
I think I read less now that I did if I was back in the USA, I'd go to libraries frequently.
Once I'm settled with my own home somewhere, I'd like to have my own library (again).

Hi,
Without being too negative, Please tell me, Why do I need to pay £500 airfare to Egypt to read books.
I can read books free of charge at the comfort of my home.
Sorry about my thinking!

Some people may do that, maybe they don't have free services wherever they are from, or certain books can't be found, but the annual bookfair here is quite a hit. 
Some of us happen to live here, so more convenient.