Reading habits in Bahrain

Hello everyone,

Books can be your greatest companions whether you have already settled in Bahrain or are now planning your move. Are you an avid or occasional reader? We would like to know more about your reading habits.

What type of reading do you enjoy? Do you read novels, comics, magazines, newspapers, etc.?

Where do you purchase or borrow books in Bahrain (bookstores, online, library subscription, etc.)? Do you prefer digital reading?

Do you have an average budget devoted to reading in Bahrain? Do you buy books or pay a library membership fee?  Do you spend more or less than in your country of origin?

In what languages can you find the books that you usually read?

What books or magazines would generally be found on your bedside table?

Thanks for participating,

Bhavna

I this is aman and i am from India basically i dont like reading but when we are talking about comics and related to automobiles that time i am like loveable of reading...

I read a lot or rather used to read a lot.   Don't have much time on my hands these days but still manage from time to time.

I read books of all types and newspapers as well.  Comics was only when I was a kid growing up.

There are a few good libraries in Bahrain like the Awali Bapco one.  In terms of bookstores, there is not that much choice.  No Jarir in Bahrain like there is in Saudi  (or Kinokuniya in Dubai) but virgin mega-stores in city center is the next best option.

I always used to be a die-hard physical books fan (and owned more than a 1000 books).  Until I made the transition to the Kindle back in 2016.  I haven't looked back since and now a firm believer in the digital reading experience.  The Kindle is easily able to be carried along with you on travel, the reading experience is great and nothing beats the ability to have a huge amounts of books on it.