NIC and/or Citizen Certificate required for Passport application?

My father was born in Mauritius in 1940 and in 1957 his family moved to South Africa.
In April 1969 he was naturalised as a South African citizen but he never renounced his Mauritian Citizenship. He holds a valid Mauritian passport which shows his place of birth as "Mauritius" and his nationality as "Citizen of Mauritius".

I was born in South Africa in Nov 1969 and am a South African citizen.  I am wanting to claim Mauritian Citizenship by Descent and have been trying (for ages now) to piece together the process, document requirements etc.

From what I have gathered I first need to get proof that  I am a Mauritian Citizen and that I need to attend an interview at PMO per the process described in Fact Sheet 8 at the bottom of this page:

http://dha.pmo.govmu.org/English/Mandat … NSHIP.aspx

After the certificate is issued I can apply for a passport.

My question relates to the NIC. This page provides details of a process and documents needed when applying for a NIC where a Mauritian by Descent. The process and documents seems similar to the Citizenship Certificate route and after 2 days a Clearance letter is issued thereafter a NIC can be applied for.

http://dha.pmo.govmu.org/English/Mandat … BROAD.aspx

If I have the NIC card will that be sufficient to then apply for my passport or do I also need the Certificate of Citizenship?

If I need both the Certificate of Citizenship and NIC then what is recommended steps to follow?

1. Apply for Certificate of Citizenship
2. Apply for NIC
3. Apply for Passport

Many thanks

It seems you already have all information required.
All you need to do is to take it step by step.
Here in Mauritius, things are done one after the other. Example is that one has to buy stamp at the post office and then go and get his or her birth cert.
So follow the process and get all you want.
Ro rhe best of my knowledge, on the citizenship cert, you may present it in many occasions till you get your NIC.
Regards,
Chinedu.

When you will be presented with the Citizenship Certificate, I will be an official confirmation that you are now a citizen of Mauritius.
With this certificate, you will be able to apply for a Mauritian ID card which in turn will facilitate your application for a Mauritian passport.

Once you have your ID card, you will not need the Citizenship certificate unless for one reason or the other, you are asked to present it.

It's literally a ;one leading to the other' process here.