What to do in David Panama

Hi everyone
My husband and I got here a few days ago and have made it to David today just before the down pour
What is there around here to do on Monday's?
We are planning a trip to Puerto tomorrow but after that we liked to meet up with others.
We are planning on a trip to the market on Tuesday in hope meeting New expats as well from seeing the posts I know that there's a marketplace that's open on Tuesday's in Boquete (can't remember the times thru) but we will try
I'll keep a check on the reply's to see what y'all come up with
Thanks
Ginny

9:00 am to 12:00 Tuesday Market in Boquete,  GinnyP

David is great for living, everything you need nearby but it's not a tourist destination. There is a variety of restaurants and it's fun to wander through the shops downtown. Expats tend to be more integrated and don't hang out with each other much, like in Boquete. But Chiriqui is wonderful. There are beaches to the south. My favorite is Boca Chica. Take a water taxi to Boca Brava, have lunch, wander around the island and look for howler monkeys. The mountains are north. Boquete is already in your plans,  but Volcán and Cero Punto are also well worth visiting. Meet up with others? There is/was a Gringos in David group but I'm not sure if they are still active. Try looking for them in a yahoo group, or there are many Facebook groups for expats in general or specific locations. Or just go hang out at Pricesmart 😁

This is the David facebook site that Kris mentioned. https://www.facebook.com/groups/gringosindavid

Thanks, we will make a stop there, now that we know what the times are.

We made our way to Big Daddy's in Puerto Armuelles
Hoping to met some expats... only 1 lady there that we spoke a little with.
She said not many expats hang out there (don't know why) it's a very nice place & good food
We did get to talk to big daddy himself.... “Frank” he is very knowledgeable about his town!
He did give us some info on places and people to speak to when we decide to move.
Very helpful
Thanks for all the tips

Hopefully when we get to Boquete (ferriea) we will meet more expats there. See y'all soon
I'm the lady with long red hair using a walking stick with a nice older husband.
GinnyP

Kristc99,
Hi there, couple weeks away from moving to Boquete (full time).  I'll be looking for something to do to occupy myself and maybe earn some gas money -- any suggestions on things to do?  I'm too old to "table dance," but still pretty active!
Hope to meet you.
Bill

Hi Bill! Exciting. You'll be here before you know it.

There are tons of things to get involved with in Boquete. Maybe start with the Tuesday morning market? Meet some people, ask what's going on, etc.

What do you do that could produce a little income? Make something to sell? Provide a service?

Pardon me if we have emailed and I haven't connected that with you here. Our band (Monkey Nerve) plays at the Boquete Brewing Company every Sunday evening. After you get settled, stop by and say hi.

Is there something in particular you need from other expats? Anything we can help with?

GinnyP wrote:

Hopefully when we get to Boquete (ferriea) we will meet more expats there. See y'all soon
I'm the lady with long red hair using a walking stick with a nice older husband.
GinnyP

Thanks, I will stop in - I rented a little house in volcancita and I'm bringing some more of my clothes in next week.  The final trip will be on October 7th and then I'll be in town full time!  Ironically, my introduction to Boquete began at the Brewing Company.  I know exactly where that "Landmark" is!

Hi
We went to the market today and met a few people and bought few things. Also we learned about Lechy fruits (spelled wrong, I'm sure) that we were wondering about from the people selling on the streets of of the country. Learned how to eat them and got to taste a green large fruit that I can't remember the name of but it was good!
Went to Mikes grill and sat around chatting with locals, it was a wonderful experience, and made my husband really like Boquete
We have been to the coast & eat lunch at big daddy's and saw the 2masted sailing ship that was brought ashore with the storm, it's a shame there won't be much left after the people get done scavenging the ship... the decks were still in tacked but don't will be in a few days along with the radar equipment that we could see. Was so surprised that we both forgot to take pictures of it.
But that's what happens. When people try to out think Mother Nature and the sea...
We are here in David, for a few more days and trying to see a different place every day but that's the plan, we will see how things go. We will also be making a few more trips to see what's to be scene in Panama, so far everything is good. People are so helpful and glad to talk English and for us to practice Spanish. The traffic is not so great, but when we start driving like locals we get where we want to be.

Mamon chino, or rambutan, similar to lychee (which has smooth skin)