Salary range for a restaurant worker.

Good day here. Please I need your candid advice on this issue. I just got married here in Nigeria, I just got a restaurant job in Dubai with a salary of AED1500 monthly. Am considering of accepting the job before asking my wife to join me after four months. Please do you see it as a good decision? Presently in Nigeria, am a Private school teacher earning #20,000 monthly. Please I need your advice. Thank you very kindly.

This is a VERY VERY low salary and I assume that is all you are being offered i.e. no accommodation etc.   Tough to manage with even as a single person and next to impossible when married. 

Keep in mind that even live-in maids can get up to 2000-2500 AED a month in addition to having housing, food and medical covered.

starts from 1500 to goes to 15000 waiter to chef

that looks like very less salary. however we need to check the market price also. but make sure the allowances like Food, Accommodation, transport etc., are provided.
Someone from the same field can give u better advice.

Wish you good luck

its in AED

Well what you are earning in Nigeria is also quite low believe me I know, N20000K is equivalent 200aed/month.
Regarding your job offer in Dubai first of all you must confirm this is a genuine offer there are many scams going around make sure it's a known entity/company and do not advance any money or agree to other payments arrangements.  are they providing your flight tickets?  Did they agree to sponsor/pay for your work visa ?
As far as 1500aed/month I believe people do survive on same or less but forget about bringing your wife/family as it's not enough for 2
Best of luck

Thank you very much for your sincere advice. Though I'll pay for the ticket myself.., but accommodation is included. We just got married, so I think if she can come with me so that we can hustle together for few years before settling for life together. I just taught she can be working too, and we may place ourselves on low budget. Once again, thanks very kindly for your advice. Am very grateful. Yea.. the offer is indeed genuine

XTang wrote:

This is a VERY VERY low salary and I assume that is all you are being offered i.e. no accommodation etc.   Tough to manage with even as a single person and next to impossible when married. 

Keep in mind that even live-in maids can get up to 2000-2500 AED a month in addition to having housing, food and medical covered.

Thanks very much for your advice. Though the offer is AED1500 + Accommodation

Themmielad wrote:

Thank you very much for your sincere advice. Though I'll pay for the ticket myself.., but accommodation is included. We just got married, so I think if she can come with me so that we can hustle together for few years before settling for life together. I just taught she can be working too, and we may place ourselves on low budget. Once again, thanks very kindly for your advice. Am very grateful. Yea.. the offer is indeed genuine

All the very Best dear.

I believe there is minimum salary threshold for you to be able to sponsor your wife/family to come to Dubai..I think it's 3000aed/month ...you can confirm on the internet.