Contemplating moving to Mexico

Hi Everyone,
Contemplating moving to Mexico.  But will need to visit a few places to get a feel for the culture and lifestyle.  Lived in Spain way back when, and love the Spanish people but because I live in the US, feel it will be an easier move/transition if I decide to make a change. I was once fluent in Castillian Spanish.
Have been reading many many articles and watching YouTubes about expats in Mexico. I think I have some concerns about noise which is supposed to be a "con" in Mexico; the renting but with privacy and my two substitute kids (cats). I am a very quiet and private person.  I am disillusioned living here in the US. I  am retired.  Have discovered I should be okay with my retirement income.
I have a list of the most popular "expat" communities but would appreciate any feedback regarding the transition, cons etc.  Perhaps things you didn't expect.  Perhaps things you wish you had done better. Thanks and all I ask is to be nice or not at all.  Gracias.

Hi if it's quiet you seek I would suggest somewhere  in a rural area perhaps Nyarit or Durango. very nice either place.

Hi, welcome russian,

Interesting background.
For the most part, the U.S. and Spain are not very quiet places unless you search for that.  The Spanish in Mexico is not Castilian. It tends to be mixed in some areas with ancient languages that owe their history to the native culture. Some of the natives in Yucatan speak just the native tongue others also speak Spanish.  Some understand Castilian fairly well.
I have quiet for the most part because I chose it. There are many places everywhere that are noisy, I avoid it and I mostly have tranquility. The neighbor's dogs were an issue so I worked with the untrained dogs and got a white noise machine to help with other dogs. I think the consistency has calmed the dogs quite a bit. Knowing that the very loud noise in some restaurants and stores has caused a 25% hearing loss for many people I avoid those places.
You can find what you are looking for, it just takes time and a little work.