Moving to Mauritius

Greeting!

I'd be moving to Mauritius in the beginning of October. I need advice on two basic details:

1) Locality to stay; I'd be traveling to SSR Airport for work, based on that would please recommend a city/town to stay? Don't mind a 30-40 mins drive to work. I'm thinking somewhere between Curepipe and Beau Bassin. Are apartments safer than detached house? Are there gated communities in above mentioned cities/towns?

2) What car manufacturers would you recommend, taking into consideration decent after sales service. Budget about 1 million MUR.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers!

Hi,

if you don't mind driving 30-40 ins to work everyday, then you can stay as far as Quatres Bornes. Not taking into account traffic jam here.

An apartment is not more or less safe than a detached house. It all depends on the neighbourhood.
No gated communities in the aforementioned towns, at least none that I'm aware of.
However, you have new modern apartment complexes with security.
Most gated communities are located far away near the coastal resort and tourist places.

With 1 million MUR, you can get a decent Japanese, Korean and French brand with excellent value and after sales services - Toyota, Nissan, Honda, KIa, Hyundai, Renault, Peugeot, etc.
All of the above brands have their official local representative and dealer.

Hi WinstonH,

Thank you for your reply.