Specially-abled freelancer seeking Visa guidance

Hello,

I'm specially-abled (unable to stand/walk due to arthritis in knees) and I spent last 2 years, living in Manila all by myself. I can use wheelchairs on my own, and I also got a powered one in 2017, during my stay in Manila. I started on a tourist visa and later, I used to get visa-extension by going to the BI main office at Intramuros.

During last 2 years, I did inquire about how I could stay there for good. The only advice I got, is work visa, marriage to Filipino or retirement visa.

Since I exhausted the maximum allowed stay for visa-required nationals (24 months), I got back to India. Went to the Consulate of The Philippines in Mumbai city yesterday. The Consul says he cannot allow me another tourist visa, as it is clear that I'd been living in The Philippines, and not 'touring' technically. He advised me the same, what I already know (work, marriage or retirement etc.)

Now, the tricky part is, that I belong to a growing community of online freelancers who are able to work from anywhere we can get good Internet connectivity. So, my client doesn't have any office or presence whatsoever, in The Philippines. Which means that work visa would not be an option.

At this stage, I don't feel like marrying, as I haven't yet met a girl I'll feel comfortable with. So, visa-by-marriage is not something that I'm considering at this stage.

And then, it would take me a few years or more, to collect 20k USD, to be able to get a retirement visa.

Why I wish to stay in The Philippines? Because, I find my life (always on the wheelchair) easy there. Sadly, equivalent facilities in my own country, India, are still not-quite-the-same. Plus, the ever-helping attitude of Filipino citizens, and my own comfort/experience, makes me want to make The Philippines my second home.

What are my options?

You could get a student visa. Find a school, university or college that accepts you, pay the fees and here you go. You'd have to pay for the school every semester or year, also there might be an age limit and language requirements, but if you can, do it.
I see a lot of people living in asian countries with a student visa sponsored by a language school or something because they don't have any other option.

Other than that, you don't really have a choice... You could try to find a company that would sponsor a Business or Work visa for you, but don't count too much on it. Your best bet is the spouse visa to be honest.