S pass rejected within 1 working days. What to appeal?

Hi guys,

My name is Darren. I am from Indonesia. I just graduated from SIM-UOL accounting and finance major currently under contract with UOB as a personal banker.

Recently my letter of completion has just been issued and uob applied me an S pass. Somehow within 1 working day my pass got rejected with no reason as usual, this one goes with 'im not eligible to get a working pass, please look for another candidate.' Like literally he only sees me based on my passport that was being submitted. (I renewed my passport in singapore bcs it was expiring in nov 2019, renewed in June 2019, apply pass Aug 2019).

Now my UOB PIC told me to submit either 2 documents for an appeal attempt, a letter from member of parliament or a tuition grant letter which is not available as i am a foreigner and sim is a private institution.

Anyone has any experience on getting the letter from MP? Or what else do you guys include as an appeal?

I am currently outside singapore and I dont have much chance going back to earn these letter due to cost issue.

My plan was to send them a copy of my old passport, a clearer screenshot of my temporarily issued result and a letter of appeal on my behalf. Thoughts on this? Really appreciate any advice or feedback. Thank you guys.

It is almost impossible o get a work pass as a fresh graduate.
An MP letter will not change that.
I recommend you get three or more years valuable work experience elsewhere first, before you try applying for jobs again in Singapore.

beppi wrote:

It is almost impossible o get a work pass as a fresh graduate.
An MP letter will not change that.
I recommend you get three or more years valuable work experience elsewhere first before you try applying for jobs again in Singapore.

Thanks for the prompt reply Beppi.

However, I do have few friends graduating in the same batch with me. Just that I notice she has more intern experience than I do. Nonetheless, she is still waiting for her pass approval. She applied only 1 day prior my application date.

I saw some posts saying they can try check with ICA, will there be any relations between ICA and MOM? Thank you Beppi.