Seeking Permanent visa for my sister in law.

Good Evening,

I am Luana. I am Brasilian. My husband is indian. Now I have baby also with him. My question is my sister in law living alone in India. She is Juvenil Diabetic patient also my husband parents are dead a long time before. So my husband  and also wants to take care his sister.
So what type of visa we can do for her to stay with us long life.

Mr. JAMES My husband told me u r giving good advice also to everyone. Please help us this situation.

Thanking u.

Luana.

Luana,

James died several years ago, but I'll try to answer your question.

If your husband is a legal permanent resident of Brazil, he can bring his sister to Brazil as a permanent resident on the basis of family reunification if:
1. she's less than 18 years old, or
2. she's less than 24 years old, and is a documented student, or
3. your husband can prove that she's his economic dependent.

The rules in Portuguese can be found on the Polícia Federal site, here:

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/imigra … 20familiar

The process would be that your sister-in-law would apply for a VITEM XI temporary visa for family reunification at a Brazilian Consulate in India, presenting the required documents for her and for your husband, who would be the "chamante".  On her arrival in Brazil, she would apply for permanent residency with the Polícia Federal.  The Polícia Federal office for foreigners in your area should be able to provide any clarifications you need.

Hello,

I will answer ur question. My husband having legal RNE here. He is having permanent Brazil visa. Second my sister in law 43 years old. She is living alone in India with Juvenil diabetic patient. She is getting monthly pension from her father worked in government jobs. Now the problem is her health is becoming bad. Now a days having more pain in her body and she can not walk so long. She is using injection for diabetes  morethan 35 years. So we can apply temporary family reunion visa. After she come here what type of visa we should apply in Federal police.

Thanking You

Luana.

This is a difficult situation. As abthree outlined she would need to meet those guideline.  I would check with the PF or Brazil Consulate especially before she comes. Would not want her to come on a tourist visa and be sent back.

I clearly told u in that message. We do not want she should leave Brazil once she comes here. Because she does not have anyone in India. My husband wants to take care of her in rest of her life in Brazil. So we are preparing.the way. We do not know exactly what type of visa we should apply for her. Whether we should bring her in toursit visa after we can process asylum visa or we do not know exactly what we have to do.

Help us.

Thanking u

Luana

Hello,

I will answer ur question. My husband having legal RNE here. He is having permanent Brazil visa. Second my sister in law 43 years old. She is living alone in India with Juvenil diabetic patient. She is getting monthly pension from her father worked in government jobs. Now the problem is her health is becoming bad. Now a days having more pain in her body and she can not walk so long. She is using injection for diabetes  morethan 35 years. So we can apply temporary family reunion visa. After she come here what type of visa we should apply in Federal police.

Thanking You

Luana.

I explained it to you in my post, and provided you with the link to the specific rules:  please read them.  There's nothing more to be said.
If you try to bring her in on a tourist visa and try to change her status when she's in Brazil, you will probably fail, unless she brings all the documents that she would have needed to get a VITEM XI visa anyway.   If you try to bring her in on an asylum claim, you will probably fail:  I'm not aware of any humanitarian situation in India at the moment that would trigger Brazil's asylum laws.
Your best bet is to request a VITEM XI visa for her as your husband's dependent,  and once she's in Brazil, to apply to the Federal Police for permanent residency, again as your husband's dependent.

You state "My husband having legal RNE here. He is having permanent Brazil visa".
"Having" means he does not have a CRMN (was RNE), therefore he cannot sponsor a family member until he granted the Permeant Resident card. At that time he should follow the requirements of the VITEM XI visa along with his sister's help.

My husband having permanent resident card valid 10years. So he can sponsor his sister. Also i read the guidlines. PF site they said they will give 1 year only visa for her. So she can not stay morethan 1 year. Also I wish to know what is the meaning of CRMN ?.

Regards

Luana

I am sorry.  I mean he has a permanent resident card in Brazil RNE. Federal police already issued RNE to my husband more than 5years ago. So he can bring her sister permanent visa based on single sister and financially dependent but in the PF site said she can stay only one year in Brazil.

Luana

My husaband has same like this card valid untill 2024. He must apply CRNM newly. Government change any process newly for foreigners. He does not know.

Regards.
Luana

https://www.google.com/search?q=RNE&client=ms-android-samsung&prmd=inmv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwix0eS476DkAhWjLLkGHSUwDbwQ_AUoAXoECA8QAQ&biw=320&bih=452#imgrc=GqE4RGsbFJhcZM

Luana,

When your husband moved to Brazil, his VIPER visa gave him permanent residency automatically.  The 2017 immigration law did away with VIPER, and changed that.
Now, a potential immigrant claiming family reunification enters Brazil under a temporary visa, a VITEM XI, which is only good for up to a year.  Within 90 days of arrival, that person must report to the Federal Police and apply for permission to live in Brazil. 
If your sister-in-law is your husband's dependent, she'll probably be approved.   But, since she's an adult, she'll probably need to renew her approval every year, until she reaches 60.
You should talk to the Federal Police for clarification.  If that doesn't help, you may want to consider talking to a lawyer.

Thanks for ur guidelines. Also I have one doubt my husband has cedula de identidade de estrangeiro valid until 2024. This card is equal to CRNM. Or he must go and apply new one CRNM.

Regards

Luana

If your husband lost his CIE, he should request a replacement CRNM as soon as possible.  Otherwise if your husband's data on his CIE hasn't changed, then he doesn't need to exchange it.   He'll be issued a new CRNM when he goes in for his regular renewal in 2024.

Good Afternoon

Thanks for ur info. Actually my husband has CIE. So with his Id card he can bring his sister.

Regards
Luana