Individual bankruptcy in belgium

hi everybody. i want take advise from anyboday if someone have experience .my one friend take crefit card amount of 9000 euto.he use money 6500 for some expensive. now from 4 month he loose job and take unemployment. so h cant pay credit amount from 4 month becuse he have four child thats y he have not enough money to pay. can any boday telll me what he can do now or if he declare bankruptcy then what effect on him or his family wages. thanks

A declaration of bankruptcy will not change the situation.  Either he asks for a monthly plan to clear his debt and does the right thing.  Or a bailiff will come to confiscate everything that the law allows.  One must never forget that borrowing money costs money.  And even more with a credit card ...

No other choice

Personal bankruptcy is not possible.

The excuse not to pay is pretty feeble too . Go see CPAs for debt repayment

Currylover wrote:

Personal bankruptcy is not possible.

Hi,

There is a possibility via the CPAS. But with very strict access conditions and passage in front of the judge.

And if it is accepted, all the financial income of the person is seized by the CPAS who then pays the debts and leaves a minimum vital for the person ... This tutelage of the CPAS can last for years and is very very hard psychologically...