Highly skilled migrant visa for me and spouse processing time

Hi,

Hope you doing well.

My husband got a job offer in Netherlands and his employer applied for a Highly skilled migrant visa for him and my visa was also applied in the same application. The employer suggested that IND has informed them that IND is expected to make a decision by 20th Aug since our visa was applied on the 5th Aug. We do match all the criteria and most importantly the employer is listed with the IND.

On 19th Aug we received an email from employer stating that IND is asking for an apostille or legalised marriage certificate from the Indian embassy in South Africa since we are based here and hold Indian passports. We provided the certificate on the same day at around 16:00 and the employer also uploaded it on the very same day.

I read in few of the discussions that it takes 2-3 weeks or 14 days for the IND to respond on an outcome.

Can you advice how long it takes in cases like ours where a query was made for the marriage certificate?

Is there a way to check the status on any portal?

Hope they have accepted the documents since there was no further query made after we have submitted the apostille marriage certificate!!

The anxiety is killing me and i can't stop myself from checking the email again and again....

Thanks

Mrisha wrote:

Hi,
I read in few of the discussions that it takes 2-3 weeks or 14 days for the IND to respond on an outcome.

Can you advice how long it takes in cases like ours where a query was made for the marriage certificate?

Is there a way to check the status on any portal?

Hope they have accepted the documents since there was no further query made after we have submitted the apostille marriage certificate!!

The anxiety is killing me and i can't stop myself from checking the email again and again....

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Skilled Migrant visas are generally turned around very quickly by IND; I've heard of them taking just 7 days, but 2>3 weeks is generally the normal turn around (against a target of 90 days) once they have all the required documents; from what you've said, that was on the 19 Aug.  Unfortunately, there is no way to check on-line as to where they are in processing your application.  The difference in timing is normally down to staffing levels, staff holiday periods etc.

I can understand the anxiety, but I wouldn't worry too much about it, in general, the Dutch are very keen to have skilled migrants come to work in their country; get your husband to take you out for a meal to take your mind off it.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks so much. Well yaa a dinner sounds great!!
Sorry but just for my understanding, you mean they will take another 2-3 weeks after 19th August?

Hi again.

Yep, that about sums it up.

Hello Mrisha,
How long did it finally take you?