Border run with Belgian European tourist visa/pasport

Hi guys,

I arrived 10th of June in DXB with a tourist visa for 90 days. I almost need to extend my visa and my plan is/was to cross the border and get a new stamp for 90 days.

A friend told me that UAE started border run 2 years ago and that instead of buying a flight ticket you can pay a certain amount at the immigration department and they will stamp the visa again. I can not find something about this.

Who has experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Steph

Yes but it is v expensive. I forget how much but I was shocked by it. Instead I took the bus to Oman and back within the weekend. Cost me 80 dirhams and the border checks were friendly and well used to it.

I made a visit visa hence that was the only option for my passport. It was not an option to cross border because I would have to stay out of the country 90 days before I can come back in. This is with Shenghen-visa.
I see you are from UK, they have different visa. If I am not mistaken, you have tourist visa for 30 days? But you can cross border, enter and get another 30 days.
This would have been a much more cheaper option for me. Now it cost me 2205 dirham + 1000 garanty deposit and you need a sponser who is a resident here and needs to earn minimum 10 000 dirham. For this I get a visit visa for 90 days single entry. If you want the same with multiple entry it is more than 1000 dirham more.