I am a grown ass man.

Somebody recently posted a query ... are some people feeling driven off this page. I would have been happy to respond but it was removed. I have noticed the participation waning since I joined. The responses for the most part fall into three groups ... the somewhat helpful ... the too vague and not specific enough to be any help ..  and the nasty " you are too stupid to even think about moving here." That said my complaint is with the heavy handed Administrators that are too quick to remove things instead of treating us like GROWN ASS PEOPLE capable of making our own calls. So before this is taken down can someone please point me to those Facebook pages that might actually help as I consider the next chapter of my life.

BCLawrence wrote:

Somebody recently posted a query ... are some people feeling driven off this page. I would have been happy to respond but it was removed.

Hello BCLawrence,

Do you remember the title of the thread or the username of the OP who posted it?

We will try to look for it and verify what happened.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Thank you. No it's there.... I just missed it. Sorry. The one on vacating the forum.

Let me preface by saying there are a lot of FB groups for Belize but the main expat one can be very nasty and unhelpful. There are many keyboard ninjas who feel comfortable being jerks online. If you know of a particular community you plan to move to there's probably a community page to check out and those tend to be more friendly. Here are a few that I follow.

Belize Expats
Corozal Living
Caye Caulker Info
Sarteneja Bulletin board
Placencia home rentals
Belize Buy sell(almost every town has there own)