Renting in Munich

Hi All! I'm planning to move to Munich as soon as I secure a job position. I want to rent a decent one-bedroom apartment in Munich. I've found some places online but not totally convinced I'm exploring all options so far. What is the best way to go about finding a place to stay in Munich? What websites do you suggest?

Munich is the German city with the tightest (and most expensive) rental housing market.
Plan on a few months searching - and a sufficient rental budget (minimum €800-1200/month for a one-bedroom apartment, plus utilities that can add another €100-200/month). Furnished places cost about 50% more.
In addition, you need three months rent as deposit upfront, plus any agent fee (if you engage one) and possibly a reasonable amount for furniture and household goods, if you don't bring your own.
The best websites are Ebay Kleinanzeigen and Immoscout.
But there is little point starting your search before you are physically in Munich. You MUST view a place before deciding to rent it - and few honest German landlords would agree to rent to you without having met you. Also be aware of scams: NEVER send money before you visited the apartment and signed a written rental contract!!!

Thank you Beppi, super helpful. Would you know of any website for apartment sharing/people looking for flatmates? Thank you

WG (shared flats) are also advertised on Ebay Kleinanzeigen and additionally on https://www.wg-gesucht.de/
But be careful: Some of the ads there are by organisations that offer cheap rooms in return for (compulsory) membership and the opportunity to influence you ideologically.

hi, i will come Munich Germany for Short Technical course from 22 March 2020 to 5 April 2020 . need room for rent . i am based in saudi .  if some one can advise me . thanks

There are no rooms for rent for such short durations. You should book a hotel instead (look in the usual hotel booking sites!).

beppi wrote:

There are no rooms for rent for such short durations. You should book a hotel instead (look in the usual hotel booking sites!).

Or AirBnB

Most flats would cost you about 800 a year and about up to 9000k per year so you are looking to pick up some few things and furniture the old place

Tenancy law in Germany can be complex. If you need help or want to read up on something check out that website