Moving to Brasil and working in Brasil

Hello everyone !   :)

I would love to move to Recife end of November, from Paris in France  :)  (but I am British  ;) ) I have had all my paperwork, birth certificate and CV translated into Portuguese. I have gathered all the paperwork required to apply for the "Vitem V" work visa. I have had my passport renewed.
However, two weeks ago, I wrote to nearly 50 private schools and English schools in Recife. I have had only a few replies. I worked as an English teacher in France fulltime from 2012 till 2014. I am currently working as an Executive Assistant in Paris. Although, I have been giving English home tuition, to students aged 11 to 18 for nearly 8 years (hired by the French company Acadomia). Will I be able to work as an English teacher in Recife? Would you have any contacts please ?
I have the impression the schools would rather meet me in person than hire me over Skype or WhatsApp. Is there another visa I could apply for until I find work? Would I be able to rent an apartment or open a bank account in Recife ? I have read that to open a bank account, you are required to have a CPF. I think this is only obtained through a work visa?

Many thanks for your help!  :cheers:

Kind regards

Laura

In order to work you need  prospective employer that is willing to sponsor you with the Labor Ministry. Then you can take the visa application to the consulate.
A CPF can be issue by the consulate or when you arrive in Brasil. CPF is your tax ID.
A CPF will not get you a Bank Account. You need a permeant visa or work visa for this. Some schools can help if they have arrangement with a back for a student

Hi, Laura,

You've done an impressive amount of work, so I say with regret that the Labor Ministry just has no interest in granting work visas for language instruction, at least in the most common Western languages.   This is probably why you've had so little response to your campaign.  Many, many have tried, including coming here and beating the pavement going school to school, all to no avail. 
Opening a bank account requires both a CPF and a CRNM, the second only available to foreigners who already have a work or other residence visa.  You can use ATMs in Brazilian banks to draw on your European funds, though, if you come on a tourist visa, to check things out for yourself.

Hi there!

Thank you for your prompt reply!  :)

That's a shame...I love Brazil. It's where I feel at home. :) 

While applying for jobs at the schools, I informed them in Portuguese, that I would have no issues paying for the work visa myself and to save them time, all paperwork required would be translated into Brazilian Portuguese beforehand.

If I understand correctly, English language teachers are turning up in Brazil on a Tourist visa? I believe we are only permitted to remain in Brazil on a tourist visa for 6 months. How do certain foreigners manage to stay in Brazil?

Many thanks!  :cheers:

Kind regards

Laura

I know how you feel - many of us feel the same way.
Visa costs aren't normally the issue.  No business wants to apply for a work visa and be rejected.  They don't want to create that record.
I should have been clearer.  People do show up on tourist visas hoping to arrange teaching jobs.  They discover that they can't be hired, even informally, and end up either going home or overstaying their visas, which creates more problems down the line.
The ideal would be to find a British or European company with Brazilian operations to sponsor you.