Banking Regulations for Foreigners Opening New Accounts

I stayed two months and said adios.  55 hours a week is a bit much....more like work than retirement.  The good thing is that I have a VND bank account and am using that for deposits from other jobbers.  Not sure how the tax thing works with regards to U.S. reporting...I'll start looking into that this month as it's time to send info back to US.

So it's several months since I left EMG and I wanted to have some money deposited into my account at Vietcombank.  I opened the accounty when I was working at EMG and had direct deposit from the company into the account.  Great.  Bought some tickets for the Nutcracker and my friend wanted to reimburse for her daughters.  Okay, gave her my account number and it wouldn't go through.  Went to the bank...after waiting a bit I was informed that the account could only receive deposits from an employer or from overseas.  Annoying.  I didn't ask about me making cash deposits, I will have to walk back and askt that question, but I don't think so.  It was suggested that Timo might be the solution.  Have to look into that.

...and yes I had a work permit with EMG.

def1412 :

So it's several months since I left EMG and I wanted to have some money deposited into my account at Vietcombank.  I opened the accounty when I was working at EMG and had direct deposit from the company into the account.  Great.  Bought some tickets for the Nutcracker and my friend wanted to reimburse for her daughters.  Okay, gave her my account number and it wouldn't go through.  Went to the bank...after waiting a bit I was informed that the account could only receive deposits from an employer or from overseas.  Annoying.  I didn't ask about me making cash deposits, I will have to walk back and askt that question, but I don't think so.  It was suggested that Timo might be the solution.  Have to look into that.

I believe if you read THIS ENTIRE THREAD Vietcombank has been confirmed as receiving direct deposit from US Social Security and Veterans Benefits.

Besides, if they said "from overseas" that's a pretty good clue.

So Which bank is good to receive Money from Amy country, But you don't face any problem while withdraw in VND

Linku :

So Which bank is good to receive Money from Amy country, But you don't face any problem while withdraw in VND

I send money from Australia to HD Bank and take it out in vnd.

Linku :

You can use any bank to receive money from overseas, and there will be nothing difficulties when you withdraw it.

def1412 :

The things are when you open a bank account, they have term and condition you open account just received a salary, So they enter this into their system, and it will be for forever.

Not talking about SS benefits nor am I talking about VA benefits, but a reference to my experience with banking regulations which I believe this thread is about.
Enjoy your day.
Ken

My solution, which may not work for you, is to use transferwise to move money and pay bills like rent, electric, and motorbike rental.  And to withdraw cash for pocket change.  I use a US credit card to pay for meals for shopping, groceries, etc and pay that off with US dollars from a US bank.  Perhaps that situation could be adapted for your situation.  I have also heard that Timo is a vialble solution...

Last year I spent nearly 400usd on tranfer and bank fees.  I have cut that down considerably by getting a Charles Schwab account last time I was in US. 

Again that may not work for you, but perhaps the info might give you an  idea for a work around.
Ken

def1412 :

Not talking about SS benefits nor am I talking about VA benefits, but a reference to my experience with banking regulations which I believe this thread is about.
Enjoy your day.
Ken

def1412 :

My solution, which may not work for you, is to use transferwise to move money and pay bills like rent, electric, and motorbike rental.  And to withdraw cash for pocket change.  I use a US credit card to pay for meals for shopping, groceries, etc and pay that off with US dollars from a US bank.  Perhaps that situation could be adapted for your situation.  I have also heard that Timo is a vialble solution...

Last year I spent nearly 400usd on tranfer and bank fees.  I have cut that down considerably by getting a Charles Schwab account last time I was in US. 

Again that may not work for you, but perhaps the info might give you an  idea for a work around.
Ken

In fact, you have talked about a number of things, not all on topic for this thread.

So have a lot of other people.

You mentioned getting a "direct deposit" in another post, so since you were not being clear and specific, I erroneously assumed you meant a US Government payment.

PLEASE LEARN TO USE THE QUOTE FUNCTION or copy/paste from the post to which you are replying.

It helps keeps comments and replies in context for everyone who reads these threads, and helps to alert the individual you are addressing.

OceanBeach92107 :
def1412 :

Ken

In fact, you have talked about a number of things, not all on topic for this thread.

Since when is a workaround not on topic? :/