My S pass was rejected

So I am Indonesian and I was offered a job in logistics company and I majored in Finance. I have studied in Singapore since secondary in 2011 and I was enrolled in private school for my degree. Few days ago unfortunately my s pass was rejected. My base salary is $2300 and I have no working experience in Singapore so I am considered as fresh grad. So in the application  letter stated that I am not eligible to apply for work pass. I am very worried that my S pass was rejected cos of I have been denied entry once before in Singapore in March 2019 as I going back and through Woodlands Checkpoint 4 times in 2 months. Can someone please give me an answer regarding this issue? Thank you

We have already responded these questions earlier, that if MoM says you are not eligible to work here then it's better start looking job elsewhere.

I have seen these kind of rejection reasons for Indonesians. Not sure if any province of Indonesia has an agreement with Singapore not to proceed with their work pass. This kind of response from MoM has nothing do with your entry denial to Singapore. Good luck

So I have called the MOM just now and they told me that S-pass application is open for all nationalities. So I am rejected not cos of I am Indonesian. Furthermore, there is one Indonesian who just got her S-pass accepted in July.

Did you read my message properly? I did mention that there are some provinces in Indonesia who might have an agreement with Singapore Govt. Those people only gets such rejection letter that the candidate is not eligible for work pass. It has nothing to do with whole Indonesia, thousands of Indonesians are working under work pass in Singapore.

Of course S pass or EP is applicable to everyone but the selection criteria depends on various yardsticks defined at MoM. You also can read one thread related to this.

You need to clarify with MoM that your employer has informed you that they have received a rejection letter with the reason “the candidate is not eligible to apply work pass here.” Let them clarify on it. Good luck

I do not think there are special arrangements for certain Indonesian provinces. I have never heard this and saw no indications of this so far.
But I do think in your case the very low salary is the reason: S$2300/month is the absolute minimum for an S-Pass and is not in line with the market value of your education and experience. For fresh university graduates, the minimum is S$3600/month (and getting a work pass is difficult even above that).

Yes I agree with you. Saying that I was rejected cos of my nationality is biased and only based on opinion. However, it's not possible for me to increase my salary as I have no relevant working exp. I also graduated from private school. Therefore, $2300 for me is reasonable and justified

Salary is always a major criteria for approval of a work pass. But, it never throws a rejection with reason “The candidate is not eligible for work pass” or similar wordings.

This statement comes with reservation of a particular threshold at MoM. I have only seeing these kind of reason being associated with few countries (not necessarily all countrymen) which includes Indonesia and Nepal. As MoM doesn't show or publish the exact definition to it. I only can guess that there must be some strong reservation to it. This statement from MoM has nothing to do with anyone's salary. Thanks

Tdrew wrote:

Therefore, $2300 for me is reasonable and justified

Not your opinion on this matter counts, but whatever MoM thinks.

So my employer has contacted the MOM and the reason why my S pass was rejected because of no working experience. So I found it strange because two of my schoolmates who have just graduated can get their s pass accepted. Is it cos recently the s pass requirement tightened or just bad luck?

Tdrew wrote:

So my employer has contacted the MOM and the reason why my S pass was rejected because of no working experience. So I found it strange because two of my schoolmates who have just graduated can get their s pass accepted. Is it cos recently the s pass requirement tightened or just bad luck?

Different job title of different industries might require different working experience in a different time (means, this year MOM may have a different requirement from last year - that is how they control the labor market).

MOM will never reveal these criteria; so in a way, you can consider it as bad luck.