Just for fun: How well do you know Maldives?

Hello everyone,

We would like to invite you to take part in a knowledge test based on Maldives. Find a few questions below:

1. What is the capital city or administrative capital of Maldives?
2. What currency is used in Maldives?
3. List the national symbols of Maldives.
4. What are the official languages or the ones used the most on a day-to-day basis?
5. Share with us the national motto.
6. Define Maldives in one word.

Thank you for participating and have fun :)
Diksha

Don't have any first hand knowledge of Maldives but I've read about it for years and we'll be there in January.  Here's what I know from reading (I'm not looking up the answers):

1. What is the capital city or administrative capital of Maldives?   Malé, on Malé Atoll.

2. What currency is used in Maldives?   MVR, or Rufiyaa

3. List the national symbols of Maldives.   Don't know.  Itf it's up to me, it would be white sands and the many shades of blue of the Indian Ocean

4. What are the official languages or the ones used the most on a day-to-day basis?  I only remember that it's a language with scripts, meaning I will never be able to learn even the basic greetings.  Give me Roman alphabets or give me death.   :joking:

5. Share with us the national motto.   Don't know.  I can't read it.

6. Define Maldives in one word.  Serenity.  That's what we'll be looking forward to anyway.

Hi Ciambella, thank you for participating  :)

The national symbols would be the flag, kanbili (water hen), pinkrose, coconut palm, there are some more but i don't know and the motto : In national unity we salute our nation.

:cheers:
Bhavna