Kindergartens - Brussels

Hello everyone,
I am seeking some advice. Me and my family (1 son, 4 years old) are moving to Brussels. We are a English and Spanish speaking family and we value the importance of language and cultural integration. I think we may be in Brussels for 3-6 years but this is to be determined.

I have been going through these forums to find some advice around kindergartens and what might be best for my son. He is bilingual in both English and Spanish and I would also like him to speak French fluently. He is quite active and does not have any learning difficulties that I am aware of.

We are considering living in the south east area of Brussels - Uccle, Tervuren, WSL, WSP, Ixelles. I will be based at NATO HQ in Evere.

I have found the following kindergartens and I wonder if you could comment as to whether they are good choices or not? They are a mixture of public and private schools.

1. Le Verseau. This is a bit far and may involve needing to use a car going to Wavre.
2. Le Petit Ecole Dans La Praire. Seems like a nice school but I don't think they offer kindergartens?
3. Lycee Francais Jean Monnet. Appears to be a well regarded kindergarten albiet my research shows the kindergarten is located quite far from the primary school.
4. EFI Brussels. I understand it has only recently opened and is accepting kindergartens. My concern is that they will speak English with him and not French.
5. European School in Uccle. Again I do not know how much French they speak in these schools. They appear to be very large c3000.
6. Any others?? I admit I need to do more searching but some pointers would be helpful.

I have had a look at schools in the South West area (Uccle/WSP/Auderghem/Tervuren/Ixelles) but I am a bit lost to be honest as there are so many to choose from - there are quite a few French cummunity/confessional or subsidised communal schools around the south east quadrant of Brussels. What are the differences between these?

Do you think we will have to take what we are given? I am hoping some early planning provides some opportunity for choice.

Thanks in advance for any advice and pointers.
Neil

Sorry I just realised I should have referred to kindergarten as Maternelle 2nd year. I have found a few posts of interest but still interested to hear back from anyone.

The most bizarre list of choices of maternelles ever read.

Been helping families finding maternelles for almost 12 years. Tear up your list completely. Start again with work location.

Now decide where to live in relation to NATO.

Find somewhere to live and a maternelle at same time.

Choose urban eg Schaerbeek, etterbeek, some of wsl or suburban, wsl wsp, kraainem . That's over 50 maternelles so you'll want to narrow down the search area a bit.

Look up maternelles with places.  Find places by phoning and emailing.

None of your list of schools is anywhere near NATO or south east Brussels.

I've posted the definititive link to Brussels public maternelles so many times

Thanks for the advice currylover. I have since discovered that this is indeed a bizzare list of Maternelles/schools.

I am currently looking at the link you've posted on other boards. The advice provided on other similar posts have all been quite clear - Maternelle's are all pretty good.