Relocating to Bangkok - condo hunting tips

Hello,

I will be moving to Bangkok very shortly. My office is near Saphan Taksin, appreciate any advice on a good residential area.

Preference is for a large furnished 1 bedroom condo within 30 minutes commute time from my office (and within walking distance to BTS station).

Budget in the range of THB 30-35K p.m. Preferably in a neighbourhood with a mix of expat and locals.

I have been looking around Surasak/ Sala Daeng / chong nonsi/ saphan taksin - any major differences between these areas?

Planning to engaged a property agency firm - any recommendations?

Thanks.

https://www.renthub.in.th/en/condo-proj … ular-condo

Note: Muang Thong Thani ^ is a totally self-contained community. Literally, everything you'd possibly need to develop/maintain and enjoy a comfortable lifestyle,...can be found within walking distance, from your residence. Handicap ramps are standard appointments within the community.

The rental rates range from 4-7K Baht/mo. Note: Deal directly w/ condo owners, whenever possible.

Muang Thong Thani also has a mixture of both Thai/Foreigner residents, spanning the spectrum of every educational, economical and ethnic status-quo level. However,... there is absolutely no street-crime (so to speak) within this community,....despite the slightly "ghetto-ish" outer appearances of the community.

There are 4 different condo floor plans available, in each building. The "C" building location is where the more "educated" Thais/Foreigners reside. This section is generally populated by Thai Banking system employees,...together with Royal Thai governmental,...and/or foreign national bureaucrats.

The "P" section is where the middle-class (so to speak) reside. Thai Air Force military personnel abound in the "P" section.

The "T" section is mostly a kaleidoscope of people, ranging from school teachers, (employed @ the St. Francis Xavier International School),...to ordinary 7/11 store counter-clerks.

I do recommend that you rent an (ahem) furnished condo (first),...for a six-month minimum lease, or a month-to-month,...rental plan,..(to test the waters). It's imperative that you find your own particular lifestyle niche', within the community,...prior to purchasing a condo. Muang Thong Thani is also within walking distance to the Impact Coliseum (Exhibition Center), where "Madonna" performed,...3-years ago,

Plus, there are constant events taking place at Impact, so there's always some form of (entrance-free) public entertainment available ie. Auto Shows,...etc..

Indeed,...you can manage quite comfortably @ Muang Thong Thani, on your stated budget. Really,...no sweat.

Taxicabs are readily available (24/7) to take you (inexpensively) to any other Bangkok metroplex location.

I sincerely hope you find this information useful...You are welcome to contact me, on the PM board (in this regard), should you need further advice.

Good luck,...and welcome to Thailand. :cheers:

Btw ~ there is a mini-bus terminal within the Cosmos Bazaar Shopping Mall of Muang Thong Thani.

http://www.cosmobazaar.biz/en

Transport services, to any number of locations within Bangkok (BKK) metrplex, and nearby provinces, are also available from that terminal location. :top:

Oops! This is embarrassing. I answered the wrong OP's condo location inquiry. Sorry about that folks.. Getting old, and demented, I suppose. Have a happy,...everyone.

Lol - thanks for your reply anyways! Any suggestions for me?

Hi Cherrie, I live one station the other way towards BangWa at Krungthonburi.

Many options there that will fit your budget and requirements too. Good luck