Need help understanding visa status

My wife is a Belgian Citizen and i have applied for the Visa D on 2nd August 2019 from VFS Delhi. I am from Sri lankan where they dont have a Belgium Embassy but only a Belgium Consulate. I have received the following statuses:

ON 2ND AUGUST 2019
Your Visa Application Ref no DELH *** ** *** has been received at the NEW DELHI.

ON 2ND AUGUST 2019
Your Visa application Ref no. DELH *** ** *** has been Forwarded to Delhi Opertaion centre on 02/08/2019.

ON 2ND AUGUST 2019
Your Visa application Ref no. DELH *** ** *** has been Received at Delhi Opertaion centre on 02/08/2019.

ON 12th AUGUST
Your Visa application Ref no. DELH *** ** *** has been Forwarded to the Embassy/Consulate on 05/08/2019.

What does this mean and what other status updates to expect?

It reached where it had to reach (the consulate). Just wait for further updates after they process your file.

Hi Aneesh,

The latest update on my visa status on the application tracker is below:

"Your visa application has been sent for further assessment by the Embassy/Consulate general of Belgium to the Belgian Immigration Office"

Is this normal?

Yes, very normal. it is sent to DOFI for further processing. In this forum you will find plenty of threads regarding such cases. Read through.