Visa Exit

Hello,

I have a question regarding the exit when your visa is expiring. Is it okay to exit before the expiration date? And is it a must that you should get 1 month ordinary visa even though you already have a job in cambodia? Thank you.

Hello

If you have a multiple entry extension of stay (not visa) and you exit before the expiring date you cannot get an Ordinary visa when you enter again, as the original EOS might still be valid.

So better to exit after the EOS expires, then come back and apply for an Ordinary visa, to be extended with one month with another extension of stay.

If you are on a EB (business) extension of stay you could already extend it for another year and come back in without the need for an Ordinary visa, as you have a valid extension of stay then.

Hope this helps.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.
My 3 months EG Visa will expire this August 22 and my employer told me to exit and comeback again and they will be the one who will process my EB Visa. Is it okay not to get another ordinary visa in the border line of Cambodia and Vietnam? I will Just exit and return to Cambodia? Thank You.

Your 3 months extension is single entry so when you exit it is expired.

Then you come back on an Ordinary visa and extend that in country.