Bringing my Filipino Au Pair to Brussels

Dear all,

We moved to Brussels and we would lalso like to bring our Filipino au pair to stay with us. I heard that she can work here on a au pair visa for one year but is this true? And what about after that one year? Does anyone have experience with this or know about an agency to inform or way to have her stay here permanently?

Reactions gladly appreciated.

Kind regards

AJB

""""""work"""""" not really!
She would be allowed to participate in the daily activity in a home (cleaning, home work of your children, ...)

She can only stay maximum one year with that visa.
She must then leave Schengen Area before the end of her visa.

She:
* must be 18 years old and less than 26
* make a commitment not to work in Belgium
* have access to university/higher school level of study in her country or she must proof that she was still at school until she turned 17 years.
* must proof she has basic level in the language used by your family (or a proof she'll have intensive language course IMMEDIATELY after arriving in Belgium)
* must study in acknowledge school from one of the community/region ==> in one of our national language.
* never received a work permit in Belgium before.

You (your family)
* must have at least one children under 13 years old
* if children below 6 years old... something that I don't really understand, neither know how to translate it (sorry >.<)
* criminal record for everyone living in your house (adult only)
* pay monthly by bank transfer at least 450€ per month on her bank account
* you must also pay a health insurance for her
* she must have her own room + give her free access to your house (keys)
* give her at least 1 day off per week + allow her to do religious stuff
* you'll buy a insurance to send her back home if there's any problem (repatriation)
* that you allow officials/police to come to your house for inspection (when they want, in order to check that everything's fine)

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/Guid … _pair.aspx

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your quick response.

We will check all the things you mentioned. Apparently it's not as easy as some people made me believe it is but you helped me a lot with your information.

Kind regards

AJB

Long time ago, it was easy... and so a lot of abuses... you know the story...  :(