First time experience as an expat . help please

Dear All ,
wish you all doing well .

actually am an financial auditor and i have got a job offer in abidan , Nigeria   as cost accountant  and i will be get paid about 2000 to 2500 USD monthly ( still not sure if it is net of tax ) however i do not know a lot about Nigeria and do not know what is the cost of living & what challenges that could be there .

what is the good salary for a family of 2 members , is this a good salary in Nigeria?

thanks all .

Hi Mohamed,

I believe you meant to type (Ibadan, Nigeria). If that is the case, the salary range is quite good compared to what a citizen will earn for the same role and job description. As for the tax computation, its best you reach out to the HR manager of the company hiring you. If they do not have any plans or explanations for your tax deduction and remittance you may have to ask for guidance from other expats.

If you were referring to Ibadan, the cost of living is not as expensive as it is in Lagos or Abuja.
And yes, depending on your lifestyle, a family of two can survive well enough on that pay and save as well.

All the best.