US citizen looking for a job in Qatar

Hello everyone,
I'm sorry for the typical question I'm sure has been posted many times, but I really need help with finding a job in Qatar or Dubai, and gratefully appreciated any suggestion, advice, or information about how to find a job in Qatar.

Due to a family situation I MUST move to Qatar or Dubai no later than this coming October (2019), and most probably will end up staying there for 3-4 years.

I'm 28 years old, US citizen, single, and have a degree in mechanical engineering from University of California, San Diego. I have previously studied in Ukraine and speak Russian as well. I am familiar with the culture; can read Arabic clearly and comprehend it to some extent. I have 9 years of work experience, including 4 years of industry related experience. I have worked on a couple of projects from NASA JPL, and currently work for a company within the microprocessors industry.

I have been looking for jobs in Qatar/Dubai through recruiting agencies, website like LinkedIn.com, Bayt.com, NaukriGulf.com, GulfTalent.com, DubaiCareers.com, Monstergulf.com, Qatarjobs.com and have paid for premium accounts for most of these websites, which adds up to almost $200/month but absolutely no luck, not even a rejection. Also, I have even made some connections in Qatar, and a friend had referred me to some people he knew in the construction industry, but again nothing.

It's a really though situation because I must go there by October and I need a job to be able to stay there. I would prefer to work as an engineer, but at this point I would do any kind of job that can help me pay for my expenses until I find a job in my field. I know it is an expensive country and I'm really worried about moving there without a job.

I really appreciate any suggestion or information, and it would be a big help to me.
Thank you all.

You need to do a lit bit on Expat g00gle and search list of companies directory in Qatar and save in your excel sheet and contact them one by one try your luck that's the  fastest and shortcut way in Qatar (Expat Qatar)  :top:

Iman_Arya wrote:

Hello everyone,
I'm sorry for the typical question I'm sure has been posted many times, but I really need help with finding a job in Qatar or Dubai, and gratefully appreciated any suggestion, advice, or information about how to find a job in Qatar.

Due to a family situation I MUST move to Qatar or Dubai no later than this coming October (2019), and most probably will end up staying there for 3-4 years.

I'm 28 years old, US citizen, single, and have a degree in mechanical engineering from University of California, San Diego. I have previously studied in Ukraine and speak Russian as well. I am familiar with the culture; can read Arabic clearly and comprehend it to some extent. I have 9 years of work experience, including 4 years of industry related experience. I have worked on a couple of projects from NASA JPL, and currently work for a company within the microprocessors industry.

I have been looking for jobs in Qatar/Dubai through recruiting agencies, website like LinkedIn.com, Bayt.com, NaukriGulf.com, GulfTalent.com, DubaiCareers.com, Monstergulf.com, Qatarjobs.com and have paid for premium accounts for most of these websites, which adds up to almost $200/month but absolutely no luck, not even a rejection. Also, I have even made some connections in Qatar, and a friend had referred me to some people he knew in the construction industry, but again nothing.

It's a really though situation because I must go there by October and I need a job to be able to stay there. I would prefer to work as an engineer, but at this point I would do any kind of job that can help me pay for my expenses until I find a job in my field. I know it is an expensive country and I'm really worried about moving there without a job.

I really appreciate any suggestion or information, and it would be a big help to me.
Thank you all.

Thank you for the suggestion and reply, 
I have done that but so far no luck. I keep contacting companies maybe Ill get something.

It's gonna be a little bit trickier than usual due to the country's current situation. However, I think you'll have a high chance of getting hired once you've stepped into the country already. That's based on experience. My Japanese friend took around 3 months before he got hired upon arrival here.