Celpe-Bras 2019/2 Announced for October 2019

The second and final Celpe-Bras of 2019, the examination for the Certificate of Proficiency in the Portuguese Language for Foreigners, generally required for naturalization, has been announced for October 16 (written part) and October 16, 17, and 18 (oral part).
Online registration is open from August 5 to August 18.
Here's the official Edital, issued on July 31, with all the details:
http://www.in.gov.br/web/dou/-/edital-n … -208263871

Thanks for the information abthree

Thanks for this info, I do think there's a fundamental flaw in that suppose you are married and are living in BR and you either miss the registration date or even fail the exam for any reason..

Does that mean you now need to wait a whole 6 months for the next date?  I think it would be good for those that are settled with a spouse to have an interview instead to test language knowledge.  Otherwise youre holding out every 6 months or so even if you can already communicate but not necessarily to the point where youre a master of all the subjuntivos lol

AfroPrince wrote:

Otherwise youre holding out every 6 months or so even if you can already communicate but not necessarily to the point where youre a master of all the subjuntivos lol

That is correct.
Brazil is quite generous in granting permanent residency.  The expectations for citizenship are higher.  Their country, their rules.  :D

abthree gave good answer...
Example (not on subject) Went to get a DL, paid and went to clinic for testing. Lady said I could not take test since I was not speaking Portuguese well  I went to Detrans and they said that is not true and they called clinic. Lady did not like it but gave tests and I passed. When I asked as to citizenship PF went and got an English speaking agent and he said "in speaking with you, I do not believe you could pass!"
Of well stuff happens.

The Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul keeps a collection of all the Celpe-Bras exams that have been given to date, and makes them available here:

http://www.ufrgs.br/acervocelpebras/acervo

It's not an impossible test, but it IS a comprehensive one.  Anyone considering taking the test should definitely practice on the old tests that UFRGS provides, and consider taking a prep course if not confident with the results. 
Also helpful for preparation:  reading one or more major Brazilian papers every day, both for practice and because current trends in the culture may be referenced on the test.  Most of the major papers are available online. 
Folha de São Paulo also has a free morning podcast Monday through Friday called "Café da Manhã" that focuses on a single important news story every day.  Podcasts like this are doubly helpful:  they not only update you on important events, but one of the CelpeBras essays requires the candidate to write about the content of an audio file that's played twice.  So listening for comprehension is an important skill that's tested.