Long Term Singapore Visa For Indians

Hello Everyone,

I cam currently on S Employment Pass in Singapore and recently joined the company on 10th July, 2019. Now, I want my mother to come to Singapore and stay for a longer period. But, the issue is that the India Passport Holder can only get the tourist visa just for 30 days.

And, my mother is planning to come for minimum 6 months. Is there any way of getting a long term visa, either from India or getting extended from Singapore...??

I tried to search from all sources, but one of the agency told my mother to travel on tourist visa from India and get the extension from Singapore for a longer term.

Is it possible...?

Please help.
Really urgent.

Thanks.
Vishal

It's not India or any other country, ICA has clear guidelines that the visitors can stay maximum 89 days (90th day they have to leave). But, to stay 90 days, you must have a valid reason like coming for medical treatment. Otherwise, maximum 60 days visitors can get (30 days at the time of visit then additional 30 days can be extended online). So, 6 months is not possible, unless she can travel couple of time in between few weeks break on each time visit. Good luck

If you want your mother to stay in Singapore for longer than a tourist visa (SVP), you need to apply for an LTVP for her. The minimum salary you need to bring a parent on LTVP is S$12000/month. If you earn less, your mother can only get an SVP - which as Surya wrote above can be extended to 90 days in theory, but you can be lucky if they give you two months.