Ep timeline

Hi all ,
I am an investor , I have purchased two companies in singapore and have applied for my ep from 1 of the companies with a monthly salary of 16k as the CEO of the company. It's a new company .  One company is kept as backup arrangement for application of ep

Timeline of ep says
July 20 applied
July 24 fin number generated
July 31 mom asked for additional documents as

Why is this candidate required
Tenancy agreement
Sales invoices
Job description

1st August all documents filed

Still pending. Any advice would be highly appreciated

Regards
Ashish

As a company owner or major shareholder, you do not need an EP but rather an EntrePass.
This is probably the reason why your EP application is scrutinized and may well be rejected.
Getting an EP for being employed by your own company was possible in the past but has been made almost impossible because the method has seen too much abuse.
If you still want to try, engage an experienced business incorporation consultant, like Rikvin or Hawksford/GuideMeSingapore - these are the rare cases where it's worth paying their (high) fees!

Please also note that, once you get an EP for working at one of the two companies, you can ONLY work for this one - it would be ILLEGAL to do any work for the other, even managing roles as a shareholder or owner are disallowed. Is that what you want?

Thanks for the reply.. but what I found out was that s person on ep can be shareholder of any other company too

Ashishrajpal wrote:

Thanks for the reply.. but what I found out was that s person on ep can be shareholder of any other company too

Yes, you can be inactive shareholder, but you are not allowed to to a single stroke of work for that company!
Illegal work is not a minor issue in Singapore: When found, you will be immediately deported and will not get any visa for the country for at least a few years. You better get professional advise before you make any further plans!!!

Ya correct . I am not planning to work in the other company rather I'm the owner so the role be of an owner like payment of salaries ,appointments, checking accounts , marketing plans etc.
Plus I won't be drawing any salary from the other company . Rest I will surely take professional advice
Thanks for the update

My main concern is about the ep today mom says we are reviewing the application give us one week.  What did they do earlier when they asked for additional documents

Ashishrajpal wrote:

Ya correct . I am not planning to work in the other company rather I'm the owner so the role be of an owner like payment of salaries ,appointments, checking accounts , marketing plans etc.

That is called work and is exactly what I referred to.
If you have an EP for the other company, you must hire a (salaried) professional director to do all work in this company,
If you want to do it yourself (or be involved in ANY form other than a silent shareholder), you should get an EntrePass or investor visa, not EP!

Here is a quote from https://www.one-visa.com/types-of-visas … r-business about the matter:

if a foreigner opens his own firm in Singapore while being the holder of the EP issued for another company. He can be a shareholder and even the only owner of his firm, but he cannot “work” in his firm while he continues to hold his current EP issued for another employer. In such case, the director (EP holder) cannot sign documents in his own firm; local nominee directors will do it for him. If he wants to change the situation and take the full charge of his own firm, he needs to give up his current job (on EP) and get hired by his own firm on a new EP as a director.

Ya correct but there is one more option of letter of consent by mom stating that the same person is the owner of both the companies . In case they approve it then that is all legal then.

My current application for ep is not moving it still shows pending if you could help

I have never met or heard abour anybody who got that LoC. So good luck with that!
About the EP : Your employer can contact MoM and ask for the reason of delay. Most probably there is nothing you can do but wait. Average processing times seem to be two months right now, and special cases like yours of course take longer.

Ok great thanks for that let me ask my employer to talk To mom

You posted in another thread that your EP was applied for only two weeks ago. Please wait until two months are up before contacting MoM - you don’t want to appear desperate or annoy the processing officer!
Also, please come back and post your experiences here afterwards. Such rare cases are valuable to help others in similar situations in future - which is exactly what this forum is there for!

Ya but my situation is a bit different on the following
1. I am the owner and majority shareholder as per acra
2. Currently the Singapore director is taking care of the company and business but he has other commitments too
3. The Singaporean director is not in a position to take financial decisions and obligations so I need to be there
These are the grounds that we are having a world through the Singaporean director with MOM to process and get through asap as it might fetch us losses