Residency

hi. i have recently moved to santiago from the uk and live here with my dominicano partner.
i have been coming to RD for a few years on a regular basis but always for short periods.
i now want to get residency and regularise my status.
i am thinking of either going down the retirement status route or the rentista route.
so i have 2 questions.does anyone know much about the rentista route and the pro's and cons.
does anyone have the name of an english speaking immigration lawyer

Google translations from the DGM website in relation to residency through investment as rentista and through pension should help you decide as below:

https://translate.google.com/translate? … rev=searchhttps://translate.google.com/translate? … rev=search

Welcome to the forums. You can contact Lily, very experienced well priced lawyer whose English is excellent.  She can be reached by phone and Whatsapp on 809-860-1231

She is recommended by a few of us on here!

The rentista route is almost the same as.pensioners way of qualifying!  Lily can give you more info on this.

My wife and I are in the early stages of this process. We have taken this advice and contacted Lilly. She has been excellent. We have shopped attorney's and some are not very responsive, or they just want your money up front, or both. Lilly has spent quite a bit of time with us so far and hasn't requested any money from us for initial consultation.
Guzman Ariza is also the go-to attorney for residency and property matters. They a costly but arguably worth it.

thanks for your help

hi planner,thanks for your help.
have been checking this website for a few years and have always found it to be helpfull,enlightening and in the main good humoured.find you and bobs contributions particularly insightful,whats happened to his contributions lately as i have noticed his absence.regards paul-eastbourne

cheers

Question: My sister and I are going to retire and buy a condo in Dominican and stay there 7-8 months each year..Do we apply  for a permanent residency?  Do we have to renew this and if so how often?

You need to apply for residency - depending on how you qualify it will determine which type and when you renew. I recommend  Lishali (Lily) 809-860-1231  She speaks perfect english and is on whatsapp. She can guide you through the process or just help you decide which way to go.

Thank  you

What are the pros to getting residency?

Gylla wrote:

What are the pros to getting residency?

If you plan to stay longer than 30 days (or 120 with an extension), residency is the only way to be in the country legally.

Considering it's been almost a year, time to get the residency status 😅 Will this give me a cédula?

I agree with all. Get Lishaly and Guzman Ariza.  I have used both - for my husband's residency  and purchase of apt

Gylla wrote:

Considering it's been almost a year, time to get the residency status 😅 Will this give me a cédula?

Yes - once you receive your Residencia, you can get your cedula and, if needed, a Dominican driver's license.