Looking for Travel+Study partner to do the TEFL course in Koh Samui

Hello,

I'm Malvin and I'm from The Netherlands.
My goal is to move to Thailand hopefully by the end of october and start my TEFL course in november.

I found TEFLworld koh Samui to be the best one.
It has a nice location, good reviews and a very good class fee that includes accomodation. On top of that they have a discount offer when you enroll with a friend, you get 50% discount on the second course fee. You then share the accomodation room with your friend.

Since this is a big discount I really want to try and make use of this, but I am travelling by myself.

So my question is, is there someone looking to do the same and want to do it together?
We would split the discount 50/50 naturally.

If anybody here knows if there are facebook groups or other forums for these kinds of questions I would love to hear them since this is the only website I found so far that I can ask this question.

Thanks in advance, and if you are interested in doing this together you can DM me of course and feel free to ask any questions :)

Cheers !

Hi Malvin,
For what it is worth, I would like to give you some advice.
Firstly one should consider the timing of your visit to Thailand and doing a TEFL Course.
Location is but one consideration, but the start of the 2nd Semester and the "hiring season" is in October and it is recommended that you do your TEFL Course during September/October to have the greatest chance of starting work as an English Teacher immediately after you have graduated.

Coming in October and doing a TEFL Course in November means you will only be able to accept a position in December. The best jobs would have been taken.

As for location, I could recommend Hua Hin with a course fee of THB30,000 and full accommodation of THB6000. Hua Hin is situated on the western seaboard of the Gulf of Thailand in the Andaman Sea.
This seaside resort is the traditional holiday destination of the Thai Royal Family and is a mere two and a half hours by car from Bangkok.

Then lastly it would help if you could tell me more about yourself so I can assess your chances of getting a job offer even before you come to Thailand. You can email me privately at ***
Looking forward to your mail.
Charles

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details through private messaging. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct