Working visa for Hiv+ in China?

Hi,

I got a job in Shanghai. But i am positive and on medication for 4 years.

When i am going through medical test, will it be a problem to get a work visa in China? I am aware people discussing that HIV ban is lifted. Would be helpful if someone can help me out here.

Please help me, as i did try calling embassy and hospitals in china, but no reply.

Looking forward to it.

To work under a Z-visa you will need to pass a physical. Depending on where you will work, the requirements on working with the HIV virus will vary.

1. Some locations will deny you immediately.
2. Some locations will pass you conditionally, and you will need to visit the doctor and hospital that they specify.

Go take the physical and follow the instructions given to you there. best wishes.

Thank you for your message.

May I know, when you said location it means different cities such as like Shanghai, Guangzhou etc.

Because just curious, as I got a job in Shanghai. So just worried, what if I am denied to get a Visa.

Different regions have different ways of handling things. Different towns and cities have different ways of doing things. So Shanghai will handle things differently than Tangxia. The only way that you will know for sure is...

1. Stop second guessing.
2. Stop worrying.
3. Apply for the visa and take the physical.
4. Listen to what they tell you.

Life doesn't have to be so serious. Just apply and follow the procedure. Things will work out or not. But worrying about it only makes you ill. Stop. Get a beer, and eat something delicious. Life is too short to fret over things that you cannot control.

Thank you, that was really encouraging.

Anyway will proceed and will update here.

Thank you again

I double checked with a friend who has a friend at the immigration office.
FACTS:
1. THE "LAW" in China is that if you came into China KNOWING you were POSITIVE and did not declare it- it is a "CRIMINAL OFFENSE" - not just in China- but most of the Tier 1 and Tier 2 world.
2. SECONDLY: it is against the law to WORK in China "AT ANY JOB"- if you do not have a work visa.
3. THIRDLY: It is 100% against the law IN MOST COUNTRIES to work around Children- such as in a kindergarten- or public swimming pool- ETC. ETC.....    JAIL TIME in China is no holiday. AND God forbid- but if you transmitted HIV to a child- you "WILL" face the firing squad.
4. FOURTHLY: you cannot have "INTIMATE" relations (SEX) with another person- especially if they are NOT HIV + and especially if they do not know YOU ARE.

I have been coming here for years on business and I had to show proof of a negative AIDS TEST from the country I came from- and I get tested every year HERE in China- now that I live here. THAT IS THE LAW.
YES- I have heard that there are MANY gray areas in the law in "SOME" cities in China-- ESPECIALLY in Shanghai...... where it is easier to fly under the radar......
But you have broken SO MANY LAWS already- and SO HAS YOUR EMPLOYER if you have worked 4 years without a work permit---   so if I were you-- I would not "REALISTICALLY" expect any favors IF AND WHEN you do get caught or reported......
NONE OF MY BUSINESS--  but you are taking big chances posting on a public forum--
Good luck--

I agree with @krissttovvv.

There is no "Grey" area about it,, you can NOT get a working Visa in China with AIDS, It's National Law, period.

Sorry, but that's it. There is no "flexibility" from one Province or one city to another.

You won't pass a mandatory blood test, you won't go further with your application, don't waste your time and money.

Even if you somehow manage to cheat you way around the Visa blood test, doubtful, but anything in China isn't impossible with the right connections, chances are high you will get the typical food poisoning or bad cough in the first 6 months, requirng a trip to the local hospital, put on a drip, and, you guessed it, blood testing - then you will be found out.

My qualifications are simple, I own a Chinese Law Firm.

100% agree with Pandabiz.
Just to clarify- by "GRAY AREAS" I did not mean the LAW. I was talking about the fact that things regards visas HAPPEN in Shanghai that seemingly would not happen in most other big cities......  :(

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback.

Well am not into hospitality or swimming, education.

Am into computer industry.

Well am scared now looking at the forum messages.

So do you guys suggest me to stop proceeding with my further action?

Just confused now

MNIK
HELLO AGAIN-
SORRY for my mistake last time- I was answering other emails and I did not read your post properly- and I ASSUMED you were already "IN CHINA"-----
However- no need to be confused-- THE LAW IS THE LAW- as the law firm owner pointed out.
I started coming to China in 2006- NOW I live here- and the law has always been the same HERE- and it is the same in many countries.
UNFORTUNATELY- you have a terrible disease that can be "EASILY COMMUNICATED" to others- thus the need for these laws.  NO ONE CAN TELL YOU WHAT TO DO- that remains your choice to apply or not. YOU said you are in the computer industry. SHENZHEN- where I live is the top ELECTRONICS & IT city in China, and because of it's proximity to Hong Kong- AND FOR OTHER REASONS- Shenzhen is one of the tougher cities to get a visa for- ESPECIALLY a WORK VISA. The China government has consistently - YEAR BY YEAR- made it tougher for foreigners to get work visas. THEY want to weed out the "so-called" teachers and others here on FAKE DEGREES and such-- as well as weed out the druggies and alcoholics LIVING HERE without any visible means of support-- AND//OR -- working illegally -- etc. etc...
If you told me you wanted a work visa for Shenzhen I would strongly advise against it--- same for Chongqing city which I know well.
IT IS ONLY MY EDUCATED GUESS; but if you were "MY FRIEND" I would tell you not to apply. There is a 98% chance (I THINK) that you will get refused. Some would say- well- go ahead and try anyway? 
BUT YOU MUST REMEMBER; IF you got refused- that REFUSAL is entered into an "INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER ('HIV TRACKING') DATABASE" - including the reason WHY. Once entered, that info is there forever---
QUESTION: UNLESS you are a computer genius- you would most likely take a drop in pay and have to put up with the lower food quality, ETC ETC, in most cities- so my question is- WHY THE DESIRE TO COME TO CHINA?
GOOD LUCK in any case-

Hi, thanks for the detailed information.

Regards to your question, pay offer is really good so that's the reason.

Once again thank you, I think will consider to drop this rather than being on the radar which may put me in trouble

You and your “friend” have no idea what you are talking about and parts of your answer were incredibly offensive.   You are totally wrong and a bigot.    Don't weigh in on sensitive issue about which you know NOTHING!   M

I think the chinese government has ruled out the so called HIV restrictions moreover its a global disease and it never a communicable illness please!