Looking to rent a room

I posted this under classifieds, but I am hoping for greater visibility so I am trying my luck here - hope the mods allow it

Hey all, I am looking for a room to rent somewhere in Saigon. I'd prefer a room close to bars, restaurants, nightlife etc. What I am looking for to be specific, is a private room inside a house shared by other young expats, preferebly english speaking who like to hang out, drink beers etc - ( I am 28). I moved here from America a few months ago for work and already have a house in Binh Duong, so I will only be staying in Saigon on the weekends. I have no problem paying the full monthly rent every month just to stay 2 days a week. I just don't like staying in hotels every weekend because you always feel like you're just a "visitor" when staying in a hotel. Also, it is a necessity that I have my own keys and can come and leave at any time. (Not because I'm a party animal, but because I come down on weekends to relax from the stress of work, and don't want to have a curfew). Location is a priority over price, as I would like to be within walking distance to restaurants and bars. Thanks for reading this and if anyone thinks they can help, please send me a message - Thanks

Hi JVo18,

I hope other members will be able to help you soon. :)

I wish you good luck in your search.

Thanks Christine

- Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I am an expat currently living in Hong Kong, we pretty much sail in the same boat " Work hard party Harder" , I will be moving to Vietnam by mid-june, but will be living both in HKG and HCM ( when I am not traveliing on business :-)), I will be happy to share a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment with you.

As you are right there in Vietnam, if you can find a place, we can move in by mid-june, It will be great cause I need an expat to hang around and party in the weekend.

mail me at noorul dot sna1 at gmail dot com.

Cheers!

Noor.

JVo18 wrote:

I posted this under classifieds, but I am hoping for greater visibility so I am trying my luck here - hope the mods allow it

Hey all, I am looking for a room to rent somewhere in Saigon. I'd prefer a room close to bars, restaurants, nightlife etc. What I am looking for to be specific, is a private room inside a house shared by other young expats, preferebly english speaking who like to hang out, drink beers etc - ( I am 28). I moved here from America a few months ago for work and already have a house in Binh Duong, so I will only be staying in Saigon on the weekends. I have no problem paying the full monthly rent every month just to stay 2 days a week. I just don't like staying in hotels every weekend because you always feel like you're just a "visitor" when staying in a hotel. Also, it is a necessity that I have my own keys and can come and leave at any time. (Not because I'm a party animal, but because I come down on weekends to relax from the stress of work, and don't want to have a curfew). Location is a priority over price, as I would like to be within walking distance to restaurants and bars. Thanks for reading this and if anyone thinks they can help, please send me a message - Thanks

Hello JV

I'm living in a D1 house with 4 other expats in an alley just off Le Thanh Ton (we call it the soju ghetto.)  It's near everything in the Central business District (Sheridan's Irish Pub, Bernie's, Lush, Apocalypse Now, etc.)  I'm moving in a few days to Dalat and the room is available now.  It might be just what you're looking for.

If you want more details, give me a call at:  0908399046

BTW: The great thing is that there's no lease and the rent is only $210 a month

Cheers,
Sonny

[Moderated: Please post in classifieds]

Please note that this room has been rented already