Moving to Germany

Hi All,

I got a job offer from one of the biggest companies in Germany to work in Stuttgart, my question is whether not having a bachelor degree would affect the employment visa process noting that i have almost 12 years of experience and the offer is for a senior position.
Thanks in advance for your help.

If one is applying for a blue card visa then one has to have at least a University degree. For a regular work visa it is not required for the visa, maybe just from employers for some jobs. But if an employer offers a job and helps with the visa then there is no legal requirement to have a degree as far as I know.

Greetings Dear,
How did you apply for the job, would you like sharing with us source that we can get opportunity?

Thank you very much Tom for your prompt response!

Would it make much difference entering Germany with a regular work visa rather than an EU blue card? and would I be able to apply for permanent residency after staying certain number of years in Germany?

Thanks and regards.

RiazTagar wrote:

Greetings Dear,
How did you apply for the job, would you like sharing with us source that we can get opportunity?

Hello,

It is an internal move, so i haven't applied for the job.

Regards.

bastifantasti wrote:

Would it make much difference entering Germany with a regular work visa rather than an EU blue card?

Very little difference, except if you lose your job and want to continue staying in Germany, or if you want to move to another EU country.

bastifantasti wrote:

and would I be able to apply for permanent residency after staying certain number of years in Germany?

Yes, after (I think) three years. But "permanent" is only as long as you remain in Germany - if you move out, your residence permit expires.

Highly qualified workers may be issued with a German settlement permit immediately. Graduates of a German higher education institute may be able to get a German permanent residence after two years. EU Blue Card holders can apply after working 33 months (or just 21 months with a level B1 language certificate).

bastifantasti wrote:

Thank you very much Tom for your prompt response!

Would it make much difference entering Germany with a regular work visa rather than an EU blue card? and would I be able to apply for permanent residency after staying certain number of years in Germany?

Thanks and regards.

Instead of repeating basic information already shared on this site many many  times I will refer you to the German immigration website.

http://www.bamf.de/EN/Startseite/startseite-node.html