Permanent Residence Card - Type-D

Hello, I applied for permanent residence card after 5 years stay and work in Belgium in June. And I have my Annex 16bis document. However, things went not good and I am losing my job. Losing job while waiting for L card prevents me to have this L card? Even I have Annex16bis... Thanks in advance for the answers.
@AlexFromBelgium

Hi Alex,

So if one has studied for 2 years in Belgium (which accounts as 1) and worked 4 years in Belgium directly after his/her studies, he can apply for the permit Type D?
Can he use type D to apply for Belgian Citizenship or should it be type B which doesn't take into account study period?

Thank you
@SelenES, if you've been working 5 years no. If not yet 5 years, well, yeah.

@Mohannad arabi Hmmm as far as I remember no, you can't apply for the L card (old D card), because the rules are 5 years of work. Technically studies are not work :cheers:
B one will be granted instead, or he/she wait one more year to ask for the L.

If you don't plan on leaving Belgium to live in another Schengen State, there's no reason to wait one more year.
Hi all,

We arrived in Belgium in May 2015 and I received my first residence card in Jun 2015.  Initially we came over with me being the worker and my husband the person on family reunification.  Shortly after that he also started working with work permits but was still under a family reunification status.  After the birth of my child, I lost my job and I decided to take a break in career for a bit and at this point my husband became the worker and myself the dependent in 2018. 

We have been legally staying in Belgium for over 5 years and although I have not worked the full 5 years, my husband has even though we changed the statuses at a later stage.  We have both have applied for the D-card but wanted to know based on my situation, what are the chances of success?

regards

Nadine
Hello,

if he worked for 5 years and got more than 1k8€, no worry for him.
But you, you'll never get your D/L card if you didn't work 5 years. You should apply for the C one, as dependent of a D/L card holder.

@AlexFromBelgium Thanks Alex.  He has worked 5 years but will he still get it despite the change in status again?  Also, I have been working 3 years.  Once I complete the additional 2 will I get the D\L card?

Hi Guys,

I have completed 5 years in Belgium and 5 consecutive A cards and also completed language classes and integration. the question is how do i apply for D card. I called commune for appointment and they said i cant make a appointment and have to apply online for the D card and i searched all over but cant find a link for the D card application. Can anyone please help with the link for D card application.

@AshwinInBelgium It is now called L card. But, for the application, it is normally done at the commune. Recheck with them again.

@AlexFromBelgium I have a question too, maybe you have some information on that. As a third-country national I am planning to apply for the long-term residency but my commune is telling me I need to renounce my special ID at protocol services in order to be able to apply, while my friend just applied to the long-term residency in a different commune without renouncing her special ID. I could not find any law which states that it is necessary to renounce the special ID. Also I was told by my friend, it says you can apply with Passport in Annex 16, and there is nothing mentioned about special IDs. Do you have any information how I can deal with this situation? I saw you helped many people on this platform :)

Hey

I would like to appreciate everyone for discussing and resolving the questions.

Going through the replies most of my doubts are cleared :)

May i also know what is the application fees for type D card Permeant residence?

Hello,

If your application is approved, you need to pay around ~20 euro.

I checked with the commune about my eligibility of applying for PR.

I got a response that there was an automatic de registration and therefore my previous year of stay will not be counted.

I have not staid out of Belgium for 6 months or longer. I am not sure why the automatic deregistration happened.

So in this case am i not elgible to apply, counting the years previous to de-registration?

Thank you!

If they say so ! :(