EP Renewal Application -Rejected

Hello,

Need some suggestions/advise here.

I am working as an IT sales manager in Singapore from Sep 2014,  and my EP renewal is submitted on 25th June. This is my second company where I am working from Sep 2015, and this is second renewal application (first renewal in Aug 2017).

Salary : 6000/month
Total experience: 8+ years

today the status shows rejected, and when I asked HR, they have told me that the reason given by MoM on the portal is to check SAT and revise salary considering the qualification and experience or apply for S Pass. However, when checked on the SAT with current salary it shows eligible for both EP/S pass.

Anyone had similar experience/ aware of such issue before, could shed some light and give some advise.

Sorry, didn't mentioned my education details in the above post. I am holding a bachelor of Engineering degree from India.

Obviously, MoM thinks your salary is too low for your profile or job.
If they cannot figure it out with the SAT, the company should ask MoM how much your pay should be raised. Then appeal with the raised number.

Thanks for your response Beppi.

My HR would be calling MOM to seek more information and appeal accordingly. Surprisingly, my spouse DP renewal applied along with my EP renewal still shows pending status, not sure of reasons though.

I have one query here-
I am currently in final discussions with another company and expected to receive offer by next week. Subsequently, they will be applying for new EP next week/ in 2 weeks time from now.

Is it okay to submit new EP application by this new company, while my current EP renewal appeal is in process or it is better to wait till the current application process is completed. I am afraid I cannot ask this new company to wait too long to apply, if my current application is going to take few more weeks.

Please advise.

You can only have one ongoing application/renewal/appeal at any one time.
Thus I am afraid your new employer must wait until the old issue is cleared.

Thanks Beppi, noted.

In regard to my renewal application, my company submitted appeal yesterday, and apparently it seems that the rejection could be because of wrong selection of university in the application.

While submitting application my HR has selected none of the above option under educational institution instead of selecting right University from drop down list (4 years back my university was not listed when they applied EP and they didn't change this during renewals while the university got listed in MoM in recent years).

All this while we were doing the SAT by selecting right institute which resulted in EP eligibility, but after the rejection and identifying this error, we did SAT by selecting others under university with same criteria and the result is not eligible for EP(only eligible for S pass).

Hence, in the appeal my HR has selected the right university and uploaded degree certificates, hoping this would help and the result would be positive.

My question here is, will this change in the appeal application will be noticed by MoM to consider the appeal as there is no change done to salary, while the rejection message stated salary mismatch in regard to education and experience.

An appeal can only be successfull if the rejection reason is addressed.
If the reason in your case was only, or mostly, low salary, the university change will not help.

Did your appeal considered and resolved after that?

Can I get an updated on this? I am facing the same scenario with the university dropdown issue. Apparently that affects the SAT outcome with the qualifying salary significantly.