Pregnancy Insurance

Dear All,

Have a good day.

My wife is pregnant of 4 months and she is still under her father's sponsorship and holding c class health insurance. I heard that she should be transfer to my sponsorship in order to obtain delivery services. I am planning to transfer her soon. I have few questions:

1. Until when i can easily get her medical insurance for delivery?I mean is there any time frame for it that she must hold an insurance prior to some specific months of delivery or she can get it easily until last period?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Hello,
I will answer your question in the 2nd part but 1st want to bring your attention to something important :)
it is your 1st child so your wife require atleast monthly check-ups to hospitals. Doctors will say something after viewing the test results, the sonar etc.. in the absence of insurance this all will cost you a lot.  Act quickly to transfer her and get an insurance for her. I hope you have an understanding that how serious this is to have her legal documents updated, you may face another complication upon birth and upon issuing birth certificate.
May Allah make it easy for you.

thanks
Ehtesham

You basically need an insurance that covers maternity.  However, if you get it as an individual, there is a waiting period of a year after which they will cover it.  The only option is to add her to an insurance policy from your employer as corporate policies don't have a waiting period.