What does “excellent” graduate mean in context of a Chinese visa?

I intend to work in China, but have recently found out that their work visa, Z-Visa requires you to have graduated 2 years prior to the visa application. There is an exemption for Class B work permit that states:

"Excellent" graduate with a Master's degree from a Chinese university of from one of the World Top 100 Universities"

What exactly does excellent mean in this context?

I have graduated with a masters degree from a university in the top 100, I just don't know what "Excellent" means, I got 2:1 honours rather than a first so not quite excellent.

Additionally I did an integrated MEng course where bachelor and masters are combined, my diploma states that I have a master's degree, but I did not graduate for the bachelor degree but for both of them combined.

Wording makes it rather confusing for me to know whether I would qualify for the Class B without needing to cool of for another year or so, reading forums as well as Chinese government websites has not given me a definite answer.

Thanks

Welcome to China.

To be truthful, "excellent" is interpreted by the person processing your visa application. In general, you will discover that many of the worries and concerns that you have in the West are no longer issues in China. This is one such case. There is a very high probability that your visa application will be accepted.

rsew...

To answer your question as best as I can...I hire teachers to work in China and lately it's been a crap shot at best getting them here.

Excellent?  Ignore the term no one cares or knows.  All you need to do and must do is have your diploma notarized, then apostilled, and then stamped by the Chinese embassy.  If you want to see that stamp and learn more you can check out our website:
www.perfectenglishchina.com

I have put a checklist of the documents you need to work in China and the process which can take now up to 6 months.  We are finding new hiccups daily...no joke as the situation for hiring people from the US has become more difficult and until trade relations get better it's not going to be easy.

Case in point, criminal background checks in some states the embassy will require you to have your background check notarized the same day you get it and then apostilled right away and then you must get it stamped.  This caused one of our pending new hires a lot of problems and she had to do this procedure three times before the Chinese embassy in San Francisco accepted it.  Also you must be sure you are going to the right Chinese embassy for your visa...we just found out if you live in Hawaii you MUST go to the one in Los Angeles, because San Francisco won't help you.

When I first started hiring teachers the process was simple and quick...2 months but now it's harder and much slower. 

As long as you get all your paperwork in place and have all the notary, apostilles and embassy stamps necessary then you will be okay, but expect the unexpected.  It's getting much harder to teach in China.  Be prepared to wait and be prepared for it to take 4 to 6 months.  Be prepared for the rules to change on a whim...this is China.

Otherwise good luck.  If you run into issues feel free to PM me.

LRai