Ordering a phone, electronic device from outside of Vietnam

Good day,
Just wondering if it is possible to order a phone or an electronic headphone device from an online seller into Vietnam (Home address) - Or are we subject to custom fees or some import duty tax or something?

Thankx if anyone can shed some light :)

You could order it from tiki...

If you give it a go I wish you luck. I very recently attempted to send a friend a phone purchased in and shipped from the US. Vietnam customs sent my recipient a letter demanding she travel 150 kilometers to pick it up. The letter has two phone numbers and an email address for her to contact for information to arrange pick up or any questions. Four weeks and no less than 50 attempts to contact customs via phone and email...no response to either. Never answer the phone or the emails.

Customs personnel just steal things they fancy. I won't say always but often enough. This isn't my first similar experience of this nature.

I ship things globally fairly regularly and this trouble is not exclusive to Vietnam by any means...yet seems more prevalent there than other countries. They tend to gouge pretty severely on duties as well.

Sorry, DO NOT order from tikii. Because half the times you buy from them tje goods arrive damaged. You will discover the truth after using it for sometime. Battery faulty or simply can't turn the device back on again. And too often they pull this trick on customer, like say, you ordered a certain model/range of item but they delivered another model/range of item to you. So if you're too keen to get something instead of ordering again then you be tempted to accept it. But after all its not the item you ordered. Most terrible of it all, you tab on an item priced 7trieu,it suddenly says item no longer exists. Next you they tabbing on the same item again, the price gone up by a magical 1trieu. Good news for all customers the precious item is now selling for 8trieu

Totally agree with ur statements pal !! That situation had happened to me already. They did hold back ur orders right. Either it gonna take forever to arrive or it never get delivered. According to my case, the viet DHL fella said they don't deliver to my address as its out of reach. I'm like WTH i paid for courier to send it to my home in Vietnam and i knew for sure DHL sends everwhere. They just stole the delivery fee i paid you know. Horrific

All of the e-commerce platforms tiki, shoppe, Lazada etc are full of fakes.

On top of that the sellers use library photos of the items they are selling showing the top range model at what looks like a good price, sure it's a good price because what you get is a lower spec item.

Even when asking is it genuine they say yes..

Shops here are bad too, planet sports store also sells online and bought a pair of trainers... Fake. Took them to the store and they said only way to be sure it's genuine is buy in store and not from the companies shopee listing

Shipping phone with lithium ion batteries is very risky and most carrier will not accept them from private individuals due to the risks involved to the aircraft - IATA / ICAO regulations are in place for this.

Poke325 wrote:

Totally agree with ur statements pal !! That situation had happened to me already. They did hold back ur orders right. Either it gonna take forever to arrive or it never get delivered. According to my case, the viet DHL fella said they don't deliver to my address as its out of reach. I'm like WTH i paid for courier to send it to my home in Vietnam and i knew for sure DHL sends everwhere. They just stole the delivery fee i paid you know. Horrific

That's interesting, because DHL would check the delivery address at the time of the booking and charge where necessary a remote area surcharge, they even provide a tool on their site for shoppers and recovers to check this.

Where did you need delivery to ?

Yea man. Now you're talking my heart out. I've been in and out of all that and still am today live and kicking here in VN.. bro. Same thing here, bro

Got it delivered to Xa Mat Tan Bien near Cambodia-Vietnam border gate. I came to know that it was DHL who were holding my package when they emailed me.
They told me to collect it at some harbour on HCMC. I reflected that was crazy request by them that's 150km to collect something i purchased online i supposed to receive at my doors?

See yall later buddies.
Got some stuffs to do.
Catch up later bye

Poke325 wrote:

Got it delivered to Xa Mat Tan Bien near Cambodia-Vietnam border gate. I came to know that it was DHL who were holding my package when they emailed me.
They told me to collect it at some harbour on HCMC. I reflected that was crazy request by them that's 150km to collect something i purchased online i supposed to receive at my doors?

That is without doubt a con.. person handing your order over to DHL assuming address was correct would be able to tell using either intraship or easyship (DHLs software) that the delivery is a remote area and apply the £35 additional fee. Lazy local by the sound of it....

Poke325 wrote:

Sorry, DO NOT order from tikii. Because half the times you buy from them tje goods arrive damaged. You will discover the truth after using it for sometime.

Good  for me I am in the successful half.
Last night ordered 3.700.000 stuffs from Tiki.
I'm feeling lucky.  :top:

Love the convenience of online shopping. Still early days in Vietnam.
I prefer to support local shops, but without websites I won't find 'em.
A simple website is so cheap and everyone has a phone - crazy not to.  :(