Tunisian Boyfriend

I'm a single mother and I am currently in a relationship with a tunisian for a few months. And i had a bad relationship experience with an Arab guy before. That as said, i have been a little sensitive with the relationship i have right now and i feel like i have been seeing some red flags but it is unfair for me to judge my partner easily. He felt bad everytime i talk or compare him about my past relationship. And I have been reading things about tunisians since its my first time to meet one, most comments are not good. I wouldn't like to compare but are they almost same as egyptians?

First of all we are colleagues, that's how we met each other. I didn't imagine to have a relationship with him. We were just good friends for awhile until he keeps sending me messages and we went out. I am 27 and he is 3 years younger than me. I saw his interest in female from his phone, not that he is a womanizer (which i dont know) so i thought that maybe this would only be for fun. Until then he started to change his behavior towards me, he cared and told me he loves me. Before he lets me pay and do everything. He changed to making some food for me and paying when we go out. Stopped checking on other girls. It becomes more deeper as we go along. He introduced me to his family via video call, and they even invited me there and he agreed he told me to stay with his mother when I go tunisia. I admire his patience whenever i get mad at him. He had been giving me all his time to me. But one thing has changed the way I see him when we had a conversation of me, trying to immigrate in Canada. I talked about my papers. He said he would try to get a job so he can follow me there. Then he suddenly talked about marriage. Which he never mentioned from the time being we are together. I suddenly doubt his sincerity on me.

I have no clue regarding tunisians or their culture all I know is their religion and they are still arab. Can I please have some of your advice?

you should talk to each other more about immigration. and I think it is early a bit to talk abouk about marriage right now.

Firstly, you should never compare whomever you are with to someone from your past.  Once you do that, they change because the man is going to think, "why should I try to compete with this other guy".  if you have those thoughts, that is something that you should share with a female friend or something, but never compare your man to someone from your past.

Secondly, where are you located?  where did you meet him?  a lot of muslim men that go to Europe change their behavior and attempt to use women there; if they are allowed to do so.  if you want him to really respect you and love you, then keep it in your pants.  Why should a man "buy the cow when he can have the milk for free"?

The best quote that I can give you comes from Tupac Shakur in which he said, "Keep your head up, legs closed, eyes open..."  If you make him wait and respect yourself, then he will respect you or move on.  And if he moves on, that means he wasn't the one in the first place.

geek1612 wrote:

I'm a single mother and I am currently in a relationship with a tunisian for a few months. And i had a bad relationship experience with an Arab guy before. That as said, i have been a little sensitive with the relationship i have right now and i feel like i have been seeing some red flags but it is unfair for me to judge my partner easily. He felt bad everytime i talk or compare him about my past relationship. And I have been reading things about tunisians since its my first time to meet one, most comments are not good. I wouldn't like to compare but are they almost same as egyptians?

First of all we are colleagues, that's how we met each other. I didn't imagine to have a relationship with him. We were just good friends for awhile until he keeps sending me messages and we went out. I am 27 and he is 3 years younger than me. I saw his interest in female from his phone, not that he is a womanizer (which i dont know) so i thought that maybe this would only be for fun. Until then he started to change his behavior towards me, he cared and told me he loves me. Before he lets me pay and do everything. He changed to making some food for me and paying when we go out. Stopped checking on other girls. It becomes more deeper as we go along. He introduced me to his family via video call, and they even invited me there and he agreed he told me to stay with his mother when I go tunisia. I admire his patience whenever i get mad at him. He had been giving me all his time to me. But one thing has changed the way I see him when we had a conversation of me, trying to immigrate in Canada. I talked about my papers. He said he would try to get a job so he can follow me there. Then he suddenly talked about marriage. Which he never mentioned from the time being we are together. I suddenly doubt his sincerity on me.

I have no clue regarding tunisians or their culture all I know is their religion and they are still arab. Can I please have some of your advice?

ouuuuu la la .......hello, I think you already know the answer to all the questions that you ask yourself, you just want someone else to say it for you, take a distance and think, if you were alone it would be a simple adventure but with a child the calculation is not the same, well I would say just take the time to take the time. good luck