About visa services

Hi

I am from India . I want to stay in phillipines for long period. Can you suggest which type of visa is better

Thanks

Prasanth532 wrote:

Hi

I am from India . I want to stay in phillipines for long period. Can you suggest which type of visa is better

Thanks

Not knowing any details about your move, I would suggest an SRRV Visa.  Details can be found on the PRA website.
https://pra.gov.ph/

If you are married to a Filipino citizen,  then you can look into a 13A permanent resident visa.
http://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inq … ident-visa

Prasanth532 wrote:

Hi

Thanks

Hi Prasanth, welcome to the forum, above are some good suggestions but I as always remind people that google can and will be your best friend, all good to ask on an expat forum but due diligence/ getting off ones derriere often wins the day.
Good luck with your search.

Cheers, Steve.

Hi steve,

Thanks for ur response.

Thanks

Question
please any person tell me is the SRRV connected with the 13A
I have just found this SRRV -- I do not understand for SRRV
At moment working on the 13A applications to emigrate live in Philippines

Regards

@Zyrena SRRV Visa is special resident Retiree Visa I think minimum investment for this visa is equivalent to PHP 3million you can buy condominium by this investment. only with BI has tieup with mentioned developers. You can read more at this link https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/
13a visa for INDIANS if Married to Filipino for 5 years  which is renewable.

OK thanks

If your military vet you can get visa $1500 USD in bank and $10 annual fee check on special visa for military vet

chets
05 August 2019 06:21:43
thank you
i am in uk but heart set on living in philippines with my philippines wife
and i need positive help input ..
as i am retired and i have seen srrv mentioned on expat
and I am filling in the 13A firms
I was as pensioner do i have to apply for the retirement srv as well to come and remain in philippines

regards

Zyrena wrote:

chets
05 August 2019 06:21:43
thank you
i am in uk but heart set on living in philippines with my philippines wife
and i need positive help input ..
as i am retired and i have seen srrv mentioned on expat
and I am filling in the 13A firms
I was as pensioner do i have to apply for the retirement srv as well to come and remain in philippines

regards

Hi Zyrena. I am not an expert but a simple observations from reading over the years: As you are married to a Filipino national firstly if you both arrive in the Philippines together you are eligible for the  Balakbayan visa privilege, a free 12 month visa. (bring relevant documentation, research)
While on that visa here you can then apply for your 13A probationary visa, 12 months later 13A permanent visa.
Alternately depending how much time you have in your current country you can apply there for your 13A and I believe doing it that way is a permanent 13A visa, others can correct me if wrong.

As for the SRRV there is absolutely no need for you to go that path and waste money and time unless the benefits are advantageous to you. Many go the SRRV route as they are either single/not married, view the time wasted visiting immi for visa renewals a waste of their time and wish to avail the other benefits that apply, ie: frequent travel in and out of the country etc. For this visa as a pensioner you would need to tie up US 10K and application fees of some US 1,400.00 and US 360.00 per annum unless you have affiliated armed forces contributions then the fees drop considerably.

Hope this helps and as always said do your own research within the relevant government bodies, read, read and yes read again. OMO.

Cheers, Steve.

Annoying to see this same poster asking this question on many different threads..

Munchie wrote:

Annoying to see this same poster asking this question on many different threads..

Yes.  I quit replying to any of his posts.

Yes Steve, you're quite correct, if you apply for the 13a visa from your country it is permanent immediately, but if you apply within the Philippines there is a 12 month probationary period. The only downside to the 13a visa is that if your partner/wife passes away, the visa becomes void.

Hi, Bazzank - you raise an important point / question. I am about to submit my 13A application. I'm a US citizen, been married to a dual-citizen Filipina for 35 years, we're going to retire in CDO. Since I was in the US Army for 6 years, honorably discharged, should I plan to convert my visa to an SRRV with Military Option if, unfortunately, my wife passes before I do? I was thinking I would have to marry another Filipina in order to stay. Thanks.

rcvining wrote:

Hi, Bazzank - you raise an important point / question. I am about to submit my 13A application. I'm a US citizen, been married to a dual-citizen Filipina for 35 years, we're going to retire in CDO. Since I was in the US Army for 6 years, honorably discharged, should I plan to convert my visa to an SRRV with Military Option if, unfortunately, my wife passes before I do? I was thinking I would have to marry another Filipina in order to stay. Thanks.

SRRV courtesy for honorably discharged vets.
$1400 US fee
$1500 US time deposit.   
$10  US fee per year for renewal. Payable 3 years in advance.

No need to be married to a Philippine citizen. 

I would post the info for my PRA authorized rep here. but the powers that be would delete emails and phone numbers.

She and her business charge NO additional fees and are paid by the PRA out of the $1400 fee.  If interested, PM me for their contact info.

I would add to this that if you can apply for your 13A from your home country that is a winner and probably the cheapest option to live in PH. with regards to visas. If your better half unfortunately passes before you and you have no children in your care under 21 then you would apply for the PRA's courtesy visa and as an ex serviceman can obtain the least expensive option offered by the PRA. You would be given plenty of grace to accomplish this, only an opinion from lots of reading and others can chime in to verify.

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks, Teejay. I'll go with the 13A for now (sending it in today) and hopefully won't have to worry about changing it in the future. I appreciate the reply.

Thanks, Steve. I like it! -- Rich