Fitness job

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forums and hoping to get some information. So nice to meet you all. :)

I've been offered a job is Abu Dhabi as a personal trainer for a well known hotel. Own apartment overlooking the mall, all bills paid, all food paid and transport to work. Create my own schedule, 2 days off a week, 2 flights home a year.

Flat rate of only 3000AED but uncapped commission, I'd be the only trainer in the gym with about 100 users and the the gym is open to non hotel users too.

I don't want to be naive, I know 3000AED is very low but just how hard is it to get commission? I'd be receiving 25% of all PT sessions and there's no minimum amount I have to do before it kicks in.

Is this considered normal for this industry?

Thank you.

I can't comment on the industry or how easy or difficult it is to get commission.  But common sense dictates that since it is a hotel i.e. people passing through, there is less likelihood of people doing sessions with a trainer.  That is usually done in the regular gyms that you go to - non hotel users may potentially do that but I would assume that there would not that be that many as hotel gym charges for non hotel users are much higher than private gyms which are dotted around here and there.

Thank you. This is what I was trying to figure out, how well I'd do with hotel guests.