Assistance on potential move from Kuala-lumpur to HCMC

Dear friends,
Hope you are doing well. Need your assistance by advising on my potential move from KL to HCMC.
Can anyone advise me which area should I look to get apartment on rent that is popular within Indian expats and families.
My work area will be Tan Binh.

Regards,
Amit

Most Indian expats in Saigon are very long time residents, some have been living there since the mid '50s.  Up until the mid '70s, the area formed by Trương Ðịnh - Tôn Thất Thiệp - Công Lý (now Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa) was known locally as Little India with beautiful temples, restaurants, and food carts where my friends and I often stopped by after class for curry-flavoured and spicy snacks.  Best of all, Cinema Long Phụng with red velvet curtains was where Indian films were shown and where the usher never asked question when uniform-clad youths buying movie tickets in the middle of school day. 

If I'm not mistaken, the Indian constituents are now congregated in the area of Bùi Viện street, but if I were you, I would visit Temple Mariamman (45 Trương Định, between Nguyễn Trãi and Lê Thánh Tôn, District 1) and ask the staff for specific details.  The sidewalk cafe across from the temple is also a good place to gather info, as temple worshippers are drinking coffee there daily.

Even if you find a preferred neighbourhood, don't forget that living in D1 and working in Tân Bình may tax a person's patience after a while.

Ciambella wrote:

Even if you find a preferred neighbourhood, don't forget that living in D1 and working in Tân Bình may tax a person's patience after a while.

Despite the fact that traffic is everywhere and all the time, commuting from D1 to Tan Binh must be better than Tan Binh to D1.  Some of my students commuted Go Vap to D1 and reported that it was over an hour in the mornings but better coming home.  Assuming the OP works near the airport it is pretty much a straight shot on Hai Ba Trung and whatever it is called on the other side of the river.

BTW:  That is one of my pet peeves  :mad:  about Vietnam that are admittedly of little consequence.   Do the street names really have to change whenever you cross into another district?  Worse, the numbers often change when you change Phuong.

Thank you very much Ciambella and Thigv. Appreciate it.