Looking for friends

Hi Everyone, I moved from Australia to Cagayan de Oro in 2010. I live with my Filipino wife , her 2 children, and her mother in our house in Nazareth. I am a young 75 and would love to make some new friends to invite to our house or to meet elsewhere. I have learned a lot about life here and can possibly assist with advice for other ex-pats. I am a new member on this site.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi Davros, I live in CDO also, very near to SM uptown, I'm a Brit but I have many friends here in this area who are Australian, there is also a hotel up in this area called Kingstone Lodge Hotel which is owned by an Australian and many foreigners go there and some live there also.

Hi Findlay,

We used to live up there in Vista Verde and I know the Kingston and Danny the owner. I did go there a couple of times a few years ago but there were a few foreigners that I really did not like so I decided not to go anymore. I am also a Brit. I moved to Australia in 1980 and stayed for 30 years before moving to Philippines. Perhaps we can meet at the Kingston on a day that the other foreigners are not having their meeting? Or maybe you would like to visit me here?

Hi Davross, I'm in Cebu but, welcome to the forum.

Thank you Tim. Much appreciated.

Hi Davross, I hardly ever go to Kingstone, because the beer is too expensive hahaha. Why don't you call into my house for a coffee one morning and bring your wife along, because I don't know my way around Nazareth and my house is very easy to find. My place is open house and I have many friends who pop in unannounced. I live in Golden Glow Village which is directly behind SM City. You can contact me on*** and I will give you the exact address and instructions on how to get here.
Cheers,
Iain.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Findlay,

We appreciate your invitation and we will call you as soon as I get over my current cough and cold, I do not use a cell phone but you can contact me through my wife's phone on ***. I will contact you early next week if I am better by then.

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Posts with contact details are removed for editing as soon as seen by any team member.

Please exchange by private message.

We'll look forward to meeting you both. It seems that this website blocks out cellphone numbers.

Hello;

U.S. Expat pensioner here in the same island, but in Zam Del Norte, Dipolog City.  Like you married to a wonderful Pinay, Home here for last 4 years.  This will remain home if it is in GOD's will.  We have the ma in law and a helper for her and a working student for the wife.   CDO is definitively on our list of places to visit.  We have established our home here in New Tambo, now in the process of obtaining vehicles appropriate for touring this beautiful place.  My wife like many of her culture will require a bit of coaxing to bring out the adventures spirit in her.

Lem

Hi, in so Leyte now. Anyone here living in Lilian?

Hi there......we do not permanent reside in Southern Leyte....but do spend a few months there each year near Sogod....not all that far from Liloan.
Back there again in December for a month or so.
Always interested in catching up with others.
If interested, please PM.
Cheers.....Peter

This might be dumb but, how do you send a private message on this forum?

Hi there.....
If you click on my heading....AussiePete2.....you should come to my profile page.
From there, you can send a private message to me.
Thanks.....Cheers........

Thank you.

hi, this is jim. living in sogod now. looking for friends in the area. massin , p. burgos, baybay, lilian and all so. leyte

hi, leaving sogod next week for the us. will be back in nov. i will be here in dec. thanks

Hi Findlay.... i am a Brit living in London. My girlfriend lives in CDO. Would appriciate a chat in private if possible mate.

Hi Davross,

I am from England and am 57 years old and currently have a Filipino girlfriend who lives between CDO and Illigan City. She has two sons and is expecting our baby in February next year. I have a number of questions I would like to ask you about various subjects concerning living in CDO and think you are in the best position to answer them as I would like to get the perspective of somebody who does not live in a gated community. My plan if things work out is to move to CDO in approximately three years, can I get you info so I can message you privately.

When I visited the Philippines for 5 days last year, all the people there are very approachable so it is impossible to have no friends there.

On the surface or when first meeting Filipinos many are friendly.  Not the same as being an actual friend.