Building plots costs on bohol

Please can any one tell me what the average price of a square metre of building land on bohol costs ,my wife is a national philipino ,we have decided to remain on bohol instead of going back to the uk

Michael hemming wrote:

Please can any one tell me what the average price of a square metre of building land on bohol costs ,my wife is a national philipino ,we have decided to remain on bohol instead of going back to the uk

Hi Michael and welcome to the forum, enjoy and post, hope others will chime in to help you as I have never been to Bohol but I will say that firstly google can be your best friend, it sounds like you're on the ground in Bohol so ask family, friends and look around. Watch out big time for scams and land security, titled? untitled etc.
Only my experience, the cost of purchasing land (in your Asawas name) here in the Philippines comes back to location, amenities/services and and obviously budget. Same as the rest of the world, also often opportunity knocks if you have your ear to the ground and are aware of local prices.

Example: After looking for a few years we found and purchased a 3 bed 2 bath house on a  1,700M2 titled lot with an additional tax declared lot of some 800M2 (salvage zone) to the high tide mark, yes absolute beachfront. Well under 6 million pesos, very solid concrete rendered house with all the services we need, extremely quiet area, mostly expats, 4 kilometres to town and wet market, 25 mins to a fantastic private hospital etc etc.
Unbeknown (we knew as we watched the price drop from 14 M to 9 M over 2 years then offered 5M; settled @ 5.75M) to us it appears that we got the property at a bargain price, apparently the previous owner needed money quick according to our neighbours. We see the vacant lot next door that is slightly smaller than ours is on the market for 13 million, some 7,500 per M2 while ours workout to be under 3,400 per M2 and the house and improvements were free. Right place, right time but that came with patience, research and knowing the market in the area we chose. While it appears beachfront blocks here sell for 6 to 10,000 per M2 depending on the lot size if you go to the opposite side of our road at the back, (one lot back) the lot price is 3 to 3500 per M2 again depending on the size.
We see vacant land (rural) selling here in the back blocks for 3 to 500 pesos per M2 for 4,000 to 10,000 M2 lots  but as said "back blocks" We see lots on the beach in say San Juan, 20 Minutes away selling for 10 to 15,000 Per M2 depending on lot size. Michael, do your homework and you will come out in front.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Cheers, Steve.

Thanks so much steve , your a great help with that advice it's much needed ,thank you again ,I will keep you posted on are progress

Michael hemming wrote:

Thanks so much steve , your a great help with that advice it's much needed ,thank you again ,I will keep you posted on are progress

My post was long winded Michael but as said was my experience but grass roots, boots on the ground and plenty of research revealed all and then some, a little like buying a second hand car here,,,,,, a new car also as we have been through recently, cash appears to be king here and talks big time. Secondhand cars? Be very wary, new cars? Haggle more so.

Good luck with your search mate and do tell us a little about yourself and what brought you to PH.

Cheers, Steve.

Unfortunately, foreigners with big bags of money have come in and forced the prices ever spiraling out of control.. country wide. Best thing you can do is stay out of sight. Let your wife be the buyer... You might save a lot of foreigner tax...

Agree Munchie, we have seen this happening over the years where we looked but with patience and research you can buy at realistic prices.

Cheers, Steve.

Don't buy what you can't afford to loose in the Philippines

This is very sound advice, if the seller sees a white man or has any idea that a foreigner is involved the price is likely to rise substantially. Most Filipinos think that an extra million here or there pesos won't make any difference to the average foreigner.

From beginning to end and more. This should answer a lot of your questions.

https://myphilippinelife.com/building-o … use-index/