Marrying a Vietnamese woman in Vietnam

I am a retired Australian living in Vietnam and I wish to marry a Vietnamese girl. We have been living together for more than 6 months. I am wondering what the time frame is if there is a waiting period. Also the documents required for her and for me to get married. We intend to continue living in Vietnam together.
Thank you,
Wayne

This is a guide, you will need to get your lady to ask the local givernment office as to what they require as it varies from place to place. It should cost between 2-3 million vnd, any more than that you are being ripped off.

https://www.blissvn.com/en-US/blog/wedd … in-vietnam

Yes, I'll get her to check it out. Many thanks.
Wayne

wish you both happiness

Colin:  Your link is dated 2016.  I was married at the Dept. of Justice as the link says but I think I read here that the agency has changed.  Can you update us?

Thank you. I think we are about 2 - 3 weeks away from having everything finalized. Now I need to find out how difficult it will be to get an Australian tourist visa for her so I can take her back to Australia and show her some of my country and meet all the family and friends in Australia.
Cheers

We are about 2 - 3 weeks away from having everything finalized and then we'll be married.
Cheers

Waynesinoz wrote:

Thank you. I think we are about 2 - 3 weeks away from having everything finalized. Now I need to find out how difficult it will be to get an Australian tourist visa for her so I can take her back to Australia and show her some of my country and meet all the family and friends in Australia.
Cheers

You can apply for the Australian tourist visa online. Dont need to through an agent. Your wife will need to show she has a job, given leave, finances and lots of other details. I did my wifes and it cost us about 150 aud all up.