Who do you suggest for electricity and water?

Hi everybody,

I have not been too lucky with my electricity bills as they seem to cost me a fortune. Can you please let me know who you use?
Is it normal its so expensive in Spain?

Also my water rates are so much higher than last year, who do you have your water with?

Thank you so much.

I have my contract with Endesa and always have had.   Can't say my bills are that expensive, but I left U.K. 32 years ago so cannot compare with there

My water contract is with the town hall company which has the monopoly where I live. But seems pretty reasonable

Ps.  My ‘town hall rates ‘ are about around 350 euros a year.  That compares with a similar property I owned in U.K. where 30 years ago I was paying £1,000 pa   The overall service we get in Spain is way above what we used get in U.K. and in the past 30 years even that has declined considerably

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

GuestPoster6545, examine your electricity and water bills , there is a "Quota fija" (water) or "Potencia contratada" (electric), which you must pay even if you don't use any water/electricity. 
You can change these fixed costs, for instance my electricity bill started with a "Potencia contratada" of  5,75 kw which cost me  21,77€ per month fixed.
I changed the Potencia contratada to 3,45 kw and the fixed charge changed to 14,20€ per month. (I had to pay 20€ to change the Potencia contratada).
The effect of changing the Potencia contratada is that when my use of electricity in the house peaks above 3,45 kw, the circuit fuse trips and I have to reset it.
I will be changing my water Cuota in the next week or so.
aye
Simon