Temporary residence visa

Hi everyone.
Hope you are doing great.
I just want to know that if I have temporary residence visa for Philippines. Am I able to get job or start business legally? Or there's still anything to do more?
Currently I'm looking for a job to know the business situation. I'm married to Filipino. So I've TRV which is 1 year validity.

Please help me. I'm really confused about it.
Thanks everyone.

Normally you have to wait for 13A visa for a job

Thanks for reply.
I'm not able to get 13 a visa. That's why they can provide only residence visa for married Filipino.

You have to wait 6 months to 1 year if you want the 13 A

It sounds to me you are on a 1 year Balikbayan Visa which is a type of Temporary Resident Visa. 

It is my unerstanding that in order to legally work in the Philippines on a Balikbayan Visa you must file for a work permit.  I would recommend contacting your local Bureau of Immigration for more information.

Hello Dude,

You are given TRV because your country did not sign mutual agreement with Philippne Govt.

The one year you were given is 1 year TRV  probationary and after one year, you can extend to 2 years, 3 years and 5 years respectively depend on your country.

You can work with your TRV visa here in the Philippine, there is no need to apply for additional work permit.

you given TRV Visa because you are married to a filipino.

I hope that helps, if you need more explanation, you can contact me and i will explain everything for you.

Cheers!!!

Thanks ! That helpful

Do you know if we can process TRV in BI Davao branch?
Hi Ayesha,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that this discussion is quite dated and you might not get the advice that you require.

Hence, I invite you to create a  new discussion in the Philippines forum and hopefully you will get the needed responses from our members.

Cheers,

Yoginee
Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]
Closed